Scientist - Discovery Biology
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Genesis Therapeutics is pioneering artificial intelligence guided rational drug design to address severe unmet medical needs for patients. Our lab in San Diego is looking for a motivated and multiskilled bench scientist with experience in cellular, biochemical or molecular biology techniques to support several advancing early discovery programs. The successful candidate will independently design and execute in-vitro biological assays and must have technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: cancer biology, immunology, mammalian tissue culture, cell engineering, cellular signaling, plate-based pharmacology, or HTS assay development. This is a full-time position in a fast-paced biotech environment with a collegial group of highly productive colleagues working towards well-defined goals. Excellent medical and dental benefits, flexible work hours and vacation days make this an excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of biotech start-up in a supportive and inspiring environment. Learn more about us here: https://www.genesistherapeutics.ai/ And our recent over-subscribed Series B raise here:https://endpts.com/genesis-therapeutics-raises-200m-for-ai-drug-discovery-based-on-stanford-research/
What You Will Do (Key Responsibilities):
- Successfully perform biological experiments with minimal input from supervisor to interrogate target function.
- Execute MOA studies and develop assays to drive SAR for a diverse set of targets across multiple projects.
- Independently analyze experimental data, interpret results, and lead troubleshooting efforts when necessary.
- Present work to supervisor, lab and/or project meeting on regular basis.
- Document experiments in electronic lab notebook in an accurate and timely manner.
What You'll Bring:
- M.S. in Biology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry or related discipline with 3-4+ years industry experience,
- Or Ph.D. in Cancer Biology/Immunology or related discipline with 0-1+ years industry experience.
- Experience with tissue culture, cell-based assays, plate-based readouts and molecular biology/biochemistry techniques such as cloning, ELISA, qPCR, and western blot is required.
- Familiarity with genetic manipulation techniques such as siRNA, shRNA, CRISPR, knockin/overexpression is preferred.
- Prior experience in discovery, hit ID, validation, and characterization in oncology/immunology is a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, enthusiasm, integrity, self-motivation, strong interpersonal skills, and attention to detail are required.
What we offer
- Competitive Pay
- Stock Option Eligibility
- 401(k) Plan
- Open PTO Policy
- Paid Company Holidays
- Free lunch and snacks at our offices
- Health Care Plan, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, fully covered for the employees
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to [email protected].