Research Intern - Computational Biology
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
What you'll do:
- Lead experimental design, execution and analysis of NGS data such as DNA sequencing, Transcriptomics and Epigenomics as endpoints to pharmacological or genetic interventions.
- Apply machine learning, bionetwork analysis, and other cutting-edge bioinformatic methodologies to identify new targets, patient stratification strategies, and responsive biomarkers
- Develop methods to interrogate public Omics databases
- Lead the development of computational methods for the integrative analysis and visualization of genomics data
- Collaborate with Biology, Chemistry, DMPK and Computer Engineering to leverage tissue-specific genomics data as a means of target identification and validation
- Oversee genomics data management
- Must be pursuing a PhD (enrolled student), majoring in Bioinformatics (preferred), Biomedical Engineering,Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline.
- Utilizing transcriptome data to derive predictive and pharmacodynamic gene expression signatures from the pre-clinical and clinical genomics data
- Knowledge / experience in structural analysis is a plus
- Experience implementing, maintaining and running analysis workflows for high throughput sequencing
- Experience deriving and validating predictive and prognostic gene expression signatures using transcriptome data from pre-clinical and clinical (FFPE) samples
- Experience in machine learning and AI is a plus
- Experience in development of interactive data visualization portal is a plus
- Strong experience in using genomic data platforms, emerging technologies as well as state-of-the art bioinformatic tool kits
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to [email protected].