Scientist - Biochemistry
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Genesis Therapeutics is pioneering artificial intelligence guided rational drug design to address severe unmet medical needs for patients. Our lab in San Diego is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to support in vitro biochemical assay development and assay screening efforts. You will be producing biochemical activity & binding data using various technologies that will help drive rapid progress in our drug programs across a variety of different targets.
What You Will Do (Key Responsibilities):
- Design, optimize, develop, and routinely execute robust in vitro biochemical screening assays in multiple formats (FRET, Luminescence, Colorimetric, FP, etc.) using recombinant protein.
- Program, validate, and operate liquid-handling automation (Biomek, Integra Viaflo, & Integra Voyager) and plate readers (Biotek Synergy) for 384-well plate-based assays data generation.
- Perform data analysis using excel, prism and other software.
- Maintain electronic notebook entries and routine data reporting.
- Present work in various groups, project teams, and departmental meetings.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
What you’ll bring:
- B.S./M.S. in Biology/Biochemistry (or related discipline) with minimum 6 years of directly relevant laboratory experience or PhD in Biology/Biochemistry (or related discipline) with a minimum of 2 years of directly relevant laboratory experience.
- Individual will be highly motivated, highly productive, and goal-driven with experience in enzyme characterization, kinetics, and protein biochemistry, preferably from a preclinical small molecule oncology SAR drug discovery environment.
- Experience screening medium-throughput small molecule & fragment compound libraries for both inhibition, activation, and binding.
- A strong background in experimental curve-fitting and assay optimization/execution is preferred.
- Good multi-tasking, organizational, record keeping, and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary, team-oriented, collaborative, high performance environment.
- Enthusiasm, integrity, self-motivation, strong interpersonal skills, and attention to detail are necessary.
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock Option Eligibility
- 401(k) Plan
- Open PTO Policy
- Paid Company Holidays
- Free lunch and snacks at our offices
- Health Care Plan, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, fully covered for the employees
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to [email protected].