Manager/Senior Manager, Business Development & Strategy
Sales & Business Development
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
The Senior Manager, Business Development & Strategy is a high impact role that will help advance strategic research collaborations and/or out-licensing partnerships with major pharmaceutical companies, related to Genesis Therapeutics’ novel AI-enabled drug discovery platform and internal drug pipeline. This role will also provide support to various other Business Development and Corporate Strategy initiatives.
This role will report to the Senior Director, Business Development and Strategy and may be based at Genesis Therapeutics’ physical offices in Burlingame CA or San Diego (hybrid schedule). Exceptional candidates may be considered for a remote role.
- Assist with pursuit of strategic research collaborations leveraging Genesis AI platform, including diligence support and structuring of collaboration models
- Assist with pursuit of strategic asset partnerships for Genesis’ internal pipeline, including identification of potential partners and assessment of treatment landscape / differentiation
- Analyze comparable deals to inform potential terms for platform and/or asset partnerships
- Provide alliance management support across Genesis’ existing research collaborations
- Support external communications / media strategy and manage external vendors
- Support technology oriented deals, as needed
- Contribute to other corporate strategy initiatives and investor relations topics, as needed
- Support all other activities across end-to-end business development processes, including external meetings and internal cross-functional and executive alignment
- Currently in a Business Development / Corporate Strategy role either within a pharmaceutical or biotech company OR currently in a strategy consulting firm that provides services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Prior experience supporting business development and/or corporate/R&D strategy work in life sciences, including primary/secondary research and quantitative/qualitative analyses
- Strong understanding of drug development and the biotech/pharmaceuticals landscape
- Experience in life science transactions, oncology, computational drug discovery, small molecules, and pre-clinical / early clinical (P1-P2) assets would be preferred, but not required
- Strong Excel modeling and Powerpoint skills
- Excellent communication, listening and strong presentation skills
- A degree in life sciences or related field, PhD or MBA preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, if required, approximately 10% of the time
Benefits Of Working With Us:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock Option Eligibility
- 401(k) Plan
- Open PTO Policy
- Paid Company Holidays
- Free lunch at our offices
- Health Care Plan, including Medical, Dental, and Vision - Covered 100% for employees
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Life Insurance
- Long- and Short-Term Disability
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.