Senior Product Manager, HR and Payroll
Accounting & Finance, Product, People & HR
San Francisco, CA, USA · Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
About The Role
Are you an experienced Product Manager with a technical background looking to make an impact at a fast-growing API startup? For this role, we are looking for someone who has a background in Engineering, and strong Project Management skills to keep our team on track to achieve our goals. We’re looking for someone who is going to be a strong communicator and partner to engineering leaders, as well as collaborate with the rest of the business. You will have a high level of ownership over our technical products and services, and be a crucial member of a small team that is building the future of connected, programmable employment.
What You Will Do
- Work with Engineering teams to design and build new products
- Organize the team and keep them on track to meet goals
- Write stories and design specs
- Conducting user interviews, and documenting your learnings
- Serve as a repository of knowledge for the team
- Communicate product needs ideas to stakeholders
- Work cross functionally with leaders of all departments
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Product Management role
- Experience working in a startup environment in the B2B space
- Deeply technical. You can communicate technical concepts to non-technical people, and translate non-technical needs into engineering tasks.
- An experienced project manager who can organize the team, manage a backlog, write stories, specs, and delegate when appropriate.
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Operate with a high level of ownership and attention to detail
Nice to Haves
- Experience working on a technical developer focused team
- Engineering background
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.