Developer Success Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Our Developer Success Engineers (DSE) play a critical role in guiding customers through their technical journey, from implementation to exploring new solutions that will solve employment data challenges. After partnering with developers and project managers to build valuable experiences with Finch products, DSEs conduct ongoing architectural assessments to address any points of friction in our customers’ employment data flows. Our DSEs establish and share standard methodologies, surface solutions to technical obstacles, and collaborate with our teammates in Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Sales to clear a path for product enhancements.
The Problems You'll Solve
- Help customers integrate with the Finch API at scale by leading developer implementations across hundreds of providers
- Identify opportunities to prioritize product improvements and build solutions to address customer feedback, goals, pain-points and usage trends analysis
- Troubleshooting and enhancing experiences with various API authentication and authorization methods; particularly OAuth
- How to continuously evolve and improve the DSE function by developing internal and external workflows, processes, recommended applications, and relationship models to derive insights with customers
- How to augment our customers’ technical architectural to reduce friction within the employment data ecosystem
- Pull and assess data, qualify solutions, grok and present learnings to executive leadership
- Uncover and map creative solutions to enhance our customers’ customer experience
- Advance documentation and resources to simplify the ways developers work with Finch
- Develop subject matter expertise to ensure Finch is up-to-date with the latest developments in the employment data API space
- Become a trusted advisor by generating a perspective on market trends and needs in order to influence employee data strategy and Finch’s vision
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ability to frequently context switch, maintain organization and execute across several initiatives
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to troubleshoot with technical audiences, while explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with development frameworks such as NodeJS, PostgresSQL, or Redis
- Exposure to assessing API endpoints failures, working with databases and/or backend technologies
- Genuine curiosity in a space that hasn’t been fully explored or defined; you’re on the vanguard of a budding industry
- Experience using a cloud provider; AWS is a bonus
The Great, But Not Required, Experience
- Strong understanding of API design and development
- Exposure to payroll integrations, employee benefits ecosystem, and/or HR system or accounting architecture
- Technical end-to-end project management
- Professional Services, Solutions Architect, Solutions Engineer, and/or consultant experience
- Experience using Git in a professional environment
- Experience using a distributed messaging system
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
See more open positions at Finch
Something looks off?