Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA · Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2022
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
You love building high-performing teams and creating collaborative, people and outcomes-focused engineering culture. You possess a balance of technology and people skills with a high degree of empathy. You thrive on cutting through areas of high ambiguity and narrowing down high-level problems into engineering solutions. You can coordinate across product, engineering, and other cross-functional partners to ensure that your teams are delivering the right solution for the right problem and that all parties are aligned. You value your customers and peers and want to succeed as a team. You’re comfortable wearing many hats and aren’t afraid to execute. You’re excited by working on an API platform that powers many of the world’s most impactful applications.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: empathy, execution, humility, curiosity.
- Manage a first-class engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and delivering outcomes
- Be responsible for team output across multiple axis: execution, speed, technical excellence, reliability, just to list a few examples.
- Collaborate with Product in setting roadmap and priorities to ensure we’re delivering a valuable and delightful customer experience.
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency
- Perform personnel management tasks for a team of developers, including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and planning career growth
- Set best practices, standards, culture, and policies
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of relevant development experience in a start-up environment; 2+ years of which include people-management experience.
- Ability to clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Detail-oriented approach to challenges and the ability to drive initiatives to completion.
- Exposure to high-growth environments.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, including technical leaders and executive management.
- Experience working with cross-functionality across multiple teams to deliver high-quality products.
- Experience working in a remote-first environment.
- Deep experience working with APIs.
- Strong system-design instincts and experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working with NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience using a cloud provider. AWS is a bonus.
- Familiar with various API authentication and authorization methods; particularly OAuth.
- Strong knowledge of testing best practices.
What we offer
- Work from home budget
- Flexible monthly stipend
- 100% Health/Dental/Vision coverage and 85% dependent coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy (with 3 weeks minimum)
- Parental leave
- Offsite company trips
- Offices in SF & NYC
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.