Commercial Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2022
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Finch is looking for a Commercial Account Executive! In this role, you will acquire new accounts through direct sales to companies within commercial segments. You will be the lead point of contact for all customer interactions and related decisions. The role requires qualification skills, the ability to manage the sales process to close, including technical assessment, and expert negotiation skills. You will have the unique opportunity to help set the team culture as well as help define our sales process and go-to-market strategy.
What You Will Do
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close and independently manage and develop your pipeline
- Gain a deep understanding of our brand positioning, sales process, and customer stories
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and improve our sales process
- Drive revenue growth through proactive outreach to new and existing customers
- Educate customers on the value of Finch through tailored demonstrations and presentations
- Collaborate with internal teammates to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, expansion, and renewal
Who You Are
- 2+ years of SaaS sales experience carrying a quota AND hitting (or exceeding!) your number
- Ability to understand Finch’s API and clearly communicate it to technical audiences
- Solid understanding of the buyer journey, comfortable in both complex and transactional sales cycles
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to travel when required
- Excellent listening skills and engaging personality
What we offer
- Work from home budget
- Flexible monthly stipend
- 100% Health/Dental/Vision coverage and 85% dependent coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy (with 3 weeks minimum)
- Parental leave
- Offsite company trips
- Offices in SF & NYC
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.