Sr. Director, Strategic Legal Sales
Everlaw is seeking an experienced Sr. Director, Strategic Legal Sales that demonstrates our company values of attention to detail, setting your own bar, egoless communication, and respect for customers! In this role, you will build and lead our Strategic Legal team that’s responsible for running strategic sales cycles and delivering our ediscovery solution to decision makers at some of the largest law firms in the country. You have experience leading high-performing teams focused on landing new logos in the AmLaw 200. You should have a deep understanding of value-based selling and SaaS technology, and take pride in understanding your product in-depth to effectively communicate its value to Customers and Partners. Your success will come from attracting a team of great sellers with an unrelenting focus on delivering value to customers and winning in our market.
Whether it be a timely follow up on a request for information, a cold call, or an expo booth visit, the Sales team is often the first point of interactions for prospective Everlaw clients and the team strives to make those conversations memorable and impactful. Sales focuses on delivering excellence through every step of an organization's diligence of improving litigation and discovery workflows, employing genuine curiosity in discovery calls, conducting highly tailored demonstrations and presentations, and curating compelling proofs of value to ensure that our new customers can come on board with a clear path to achieving success. Everlaw’s sales team isn’t your typical one. Whether it’s spearheading a climate-action themed cold calling event or group crossword puzzles over lunch, reps and leadership alike embody a commitment to bringing their authentic selves to work.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and vibrant and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, exempt position in either our Oakland or New York office; or remote in one of the following states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY. Office-based employees are eligible for a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Gain a deeper understanding of Everlaw’s software, customers, and sales processes through training and experience, allowing you to better target future customers.
- Develop your product knowledge through Everlaw’s Product certification, using your expertise to present Everlaw’s value to customers in greater detail.
- Establish yourself as a leader in Everlaw’s sales organization.
- You will develop growth strategies, tactics, and action plans to engage new markets, analyze the lead pipeline to forecast market trends, and assist to drive the sales cycle at each stage when needed.
- You will use Salesforce, Outreach, and Chorus to report on key KPIs in both won and lost opportunities, using data to inform future sales strategy.
- You will build, manage, and grow your Account Executive team, working with the leadership, enablement, and operations teams to deliver thoughtful training and provide ongoing coaching that supports growth toward operational standards.
- Your work will matter. Everlaw’s Sales team helps our clients discover the truth and build a more just world.
- You are an experienced sales leader with a proven record of success, with at least 5 years of successful Enterprise SaaS Sales management experience.
- You have led teams focused on selling to the AmLaw 200 or Fortune 500, and possess a deep understanding of how to navigate complex organizations and sales cycles.
- You have executive presence and experience serving as an executive sponsor for C-level relationships.
- You have a passion for team-building and coaching. You know that making a good-fit hire is just the start, and pride yourself on providing constructive feedback, clear expectations, and thoughtful support that helps your team reach their goals.
- You have a track record of exceeding quarterly and annual team quotas through AE skill development
- You use data to reflect on past performance and inform your next move. You know how to use Salesforce to deepen your analysis and can report your findings to guide your team’s future strategy.
- Your soft skills strengthen your leadership and provide an excellent model for your team. Your colleagues can trust your clear communication, deep organizational skills, and flexible time management.
- You value learning and are always working to develop your craft. You are reflective about your strengths and growth areas and seek out ways to become a better leader and contributor.
- You are authorized to work in the United States. Please note that currently, Everlaw is not sponsoring employment visas.
- You have experience selling Legal technologies.
- Familiarity with MEDDPICC and/or Command of Message.
- The expected salary for this role is $205,000. This role is also eligible for additional incentive pay/commission. The base pay range is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Find out more about our Benefits and Perks
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”