Frontend Engineer, Visitors
Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the Role
The Visitors team works on Envoy’s flagship product and continues to innovate as the industry leader for Visitor management solutions. As the leaders in this space, we have ambitions to continue our incredible growth of this product and we are excited to reach new audiences.
We are a cross-functional team of frontend, backend, and mobile engineers that work across a variety of platforms. Our frontend engineers work closely with our product and design team to create new features, and iterate to create great experiences for our customers. We strive to build systems that focus on scale, usability, and performance. Our team is passionate about new technology, and we constantly seek out the best tools we need to succeed.
This is a hybrid position that requires at least 3 days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our San Francisco HQ.
- Work on the Envoy Dashboard, which is an Ember.js application for interacting with your Envoy account as an administrator or visitor.
- Work with the Product and Design team to build new features.
- Collaborate with our Backend and Mobile teams to ensure universal compatibility.
- Use external services whenever they make sense; we don’t need to build everything in-house!
- Triage bugs and ship stable, high quality code to which you are proud to be a contributor.
- Deliver excellent software through comprehensive peer-reviews, CI, and automated testing.
- Constantly push your team forward by promoting healthy collaboration.
- BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3+ years working experience in software development.
- Familiarity with git and CI tools.
- A self-starter. You look for problems and inefficiencies in code and find elegant solutions to them before they become major blockers.
- An advocate for the end user. You think about how our customers will interact with the service and champion positive changes.
- A systems thinker. You think about how your designs will affect other aspects of the service and how it will evolve in the future.
- Someone who enjoys technology and learning new things, like staying up to date on new tools and techniques. You are inspired by what's possible and eager to incorporate the best technologies into your work.
- Security-minded. As Envoy becomes commonplace around the world, the data we store will be more and more valuable. It is your job to make our storage practices a no-brainer for our customers.
- Mindful of performance. You think people deserve access to their data in milliseconds.
- Interested in educating others and helping your team grow together.
- Motivated, open-minded, passionate, and collaborative.
- You’ve excited about working in a startup environment.
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails
- You have experience with GraphQL.
- You have experience working with distributed teams.
- You’re comfortable writing modular code which you’d release and maintain as open-source on behalf of Envoy.
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $140K-$160K (Annually). We are hiring for multiple levels and backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.