Senior Manager of Frontend Engineering
About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, LLM's and audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States, Canada, Argentina, India and Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Your products will be used to build the world’s AI. You will build experiences that make AI a core skill set for engineers, data scientists and no-code operators everywhere.
You will set the technical direction for Clarifai’s user interfaces and its application ecosystem. You will mentor and manage Clarifai's global frontend team and expand our presence within the greater frontend engineering community.
You are passionate about using your frontend engineering expertise to broaden the reach of our artificial intelligence technology and make it easily accessible to all.
You will manage our global team of frontend engineers, co-create using user feedback, and collaborate closely with the product, design, backend, infrastructure, and machine learning layers. You will work together to craft and implement new features for our platform using our cutting edge tech stack - react with redux-saga, typescript, babel/webpack for our build, and less for CSS.
- 7+ years of experience as a customer-centric Engineering Manager or Director for the frontend team at a consumer-facing, growth-oriented tech startup
- Diverse experience working in agile environments as an engineer, an architect and as a manager
- The ability to plan and execute short term and long term road maps that benefit our customers
- The ability to improve processes to make your team more effective
- Provide code reviews and overview for product architecture
Great to Have
- Experience with/Understanding of AI/ML
- Active contributions to open source projects
- Experience or understanding of Full Stack engineering (golang, datadog, postgres)