Principal Product Manager
About the role
We’re looking for a product leader to join our Pay Anyone Product team. This team is responsible for creating a world-class peer-to-peer payment experience that enables Chime members to seamlessly exchange money with anyone. You'll be responsible for developing the strategy and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress, and defining functional requirements for new product experiences and features. This role’s area of focus will be on Pay Anyone’s core experience that millions of members use today to send and receive money in a trustworthy and delightful interaction with friends and family.
We’re looking for a product leader who wants to work on real problems that affect real people. You’re curious and relentless in pursuit of operational efficiency and outstanding customer service. You are able to visualize member needs and develop a strategy that balances the need for mitigating risk while taking care of our members in a cost effective way. You have deep empathy but can effectively prioritize with limited resources. You have a growth mindset and want to be challenged. You have a high bar and want to be a difference-maker in the organization. You’ll bring a sense of urgency that matches the incredible opportunity we have ahead of us.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $188,500 and up to $267,100. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for products that will engender trust and bring delight to Chime members using Pay Anyone
- Ship high-impact, intuitive, and innovative peer-to-peer payment experiences
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research to identify product opportunities and prioritize your roadmap
- Partner with engineering, UXR, design, and analytics teams to define, build, and iterate on new user experiences
To thrive in this role, you have
- 6+ years experience as a product manager
- Deep passion and expertise in creating mobile consumer experiences
- Proven ability to ship high-impact products quickly, not just small features
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Experience at a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- Passion for our mission: helping members lead healthy financial lives
- Strong collaboration in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- Technical skills, with experience and track record of success in building high-availability services or platforms
- Prior fintech experience a plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?