About the role
Chime is looking for an engineering leader to help manage and guide one of the technology groups responsible for powering our bank-account features, mobile applications, platforms, service architecture, and third-party integrations. This team is responsible for major components of new feature development and the scalability of Chime’s infrastructure as we accelerate our growth.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $167,200 and up to $232,200. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Work closely with our engineering leaders to Identify bottlenecks in our existing software infrastructure and guide the team through a path forward to improve and scale it. Ensure that technical decisions support our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals.
- Design, develop, test, and scale new and existing consumer product features.
- Build, lead and hire a high-caliber team of software engineers to solve these problems while being hands on. Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Establish a sense of urgency and direction, set expectations with team and individuals.
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals. Work very closely with the Product Managers to launch solutions for the users.
- Contribute to overall engineering initiatives as a member of Chime’s engineering leadership team.
- Use Ruby on Rails, MySQL - our tech stack
To thrive in this role, you have
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures.
- An experienced software engineer and an effective people manager.
- Interest in pushing the envelope to explore new technologies and architectures that can have a large return on investment.
- The desire to learn and dive into the deepest levels of how things work.
- The desire to make a huge difference at a growing start-up.
- The ability to motivate a team through delivery on aggressive schedules and goals.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, and Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.