Senior Software Engineer, Testing Platforms
About the role
As a pivotal member of our team, you'll be crafting tools and automation solutions from the ground up, enabling our engineers to work with enhanced efficiency. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do; you won't be working solo. You'll engage with diverse internal teams, gaining insights, empathizing with their challenges, and serving as a central point of contact.
We strive for communication and expect you will as well. This role demands meaningful collaboration across various teams, including developers and senior management. Whether addressing a significant achievement or a pressing operational challenge, you'll play a key role in ensuring alignment as we assist our partners with technological challenges.
Recognizing the significance of mentorship, you'll support your colleagues, encouraging their potential and providing crucial day-to-day insights.
We're seeking any range of experience from roles like Software, Tool, or Developer Engineering. In Testing Platforms, we invite you to build platform APIs with us, ponder infrastructures impact on the system, and dabble in UI work. We use Ruby/GoLang, automation, CI, testing tools, Kubernetes, and various parts of the AWS stack. What tools will you use with us?
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $167,200.00 and up to $232,200.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Build new tools and automation, allowing Engineering teams to operate more efficiently.
- Work actively with internal teams to capture feedback and pain points while acting as a primary point of contact.
- Provide support by assisting engineers through issue diagnoses.
- Use your strong communication skills to work collaboratively with development teams, external partners, internal operations teams, and management for key deliveries and production issues.
- Develop and implement metrics that inform collaborators as to the quality of their systems.
- Create, maintain, and advocate for documentation. Ensuring resources are up to date, with a focus on providing an excellent user experience.
- Provide mentorship to your team members, helping them grow and providing day to day guidance.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages and fluency with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Preferably some experience with Ruby and GoLang.
- Demonstrated ability in Software Engineering, Tools Engineering or similar
- Experience designing, developing, and managing automated CI and testing tools.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience with developing testing frameworks and a good understanding of end to end infrastructure.
- Experience creating web-based and UI based tools is a plus.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors, including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Chime requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19 in order to work in one of its offices, join Company-sponsored activities, or travel for business purposes. This job may require periodic office attendance and/or business travel; therefore, candidates must be eligible for these activities by their start date.