Senior Machine Learning Engineer
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be a part of the Data Science and Platform (DSP) team responsible for developing innovative machine learning (ML) solutions in the fintech industry. Your contributions will have a significant impact on various customer touch points, such as account access, identity verification, transactions, ticket resolution, personalization, marketing, etc. The ideal candidate will demonstrate proficiency in data analysis, machine learning, and software engineering, while also possessing the ability to effectively collaborate with team members who have diverse skill sets. You will focus on building and deploying real-time and batch ML models and systems helping Chime to navigate the ever-evolving landscape of the fintech industry.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $119,000.00 and up to $232,200.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Design, train, and deploy innovative ML models to continuously enhance the efficacy of Chime's mission-critical machine learning systems.
- Proactively identify internal tooling and standards opportunities to reduce ML model development time and deliver a fantastic DS experience.
- Help grow our SageMaker ML pipeline infrastructure for model training, evaluation, and deployment at scale.
- Drive innovation by building intricate feature engineering data pipelines that will significantly enhance the performance of our ML models.
- Proactively identify and develop ML techniques that can drive broad impact across multiple models, improving overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Become a SME on Chime's various data domains and leverage novel ML approaches to effectively address business needs.
- Actively engage with the data community at Chime by sharing knowledge, suggesting process improvements, and promoting technical standards.
- Collaborate closely with data and platform engineers to design and build next-generation data/ML products to support Chime's data solutions at scale.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field. A master's or Ph.D. degree is a plus.
- 4+ years industry experience (consumer tech preferred) developing ML models from inception to business impact
- Strong programming skills (Python preferred) to develop ML & feature engineering systems and intermediate SQL skills to wrangle data from many disparate data sources
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and deploying advanced machine learning (XGBoost, CatBoost, LightGBM, etc.) and deep learning model frameworks, with a keen interest on optimizing data preparation, model training, and inference pipelines.
- Experience in working with advanced ML techniques such as embeddings, Graph Neural Networks (GNNs), transfer learning etc
- Proficient in leveraging various ML/DL toolkits, such as Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, SparkML etc.
- Familiarity with cloud and infrastructure services like Sagemaker, Airflow, Snowflake, Spark, Redis, Kafka, etc.
- Strong passion for teamwork and effective communication with both technical and non-technical partners.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.