About Cequence Security
Cequence Security, the pioneer of Unified API Protection, provides the only solution that unifies API discovery, inventory tracking, risk analysis and native mitigation with proven, real-time threat protection against ever-evolving API attacks. Cequence Security protects more than 2 billion user accounts across our Fortune 500 customers.
Location: India – Pune or Bangalore
Role Title: Data Plane Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time Employment
Industry: Cyber Security
Data Plane Engineer Position Overview
As a Data Plane Developer at Cequence Security, you will be working on the most challenging portion of our technology stack. This piece of technology sits in front of many Fortune-500/Global-2000 companies’ websites and protects their Web, Mobile and API applications from a variety of threats. This data plane processes over 2 billion API calls daily with high availability and minimum latency, both in our customers’ environments and our SaaS deployments. You will be part of the team that is working on an aggressive roadmap to improve our efficacy and looking to integrate into modern deployments of applications and APIs.
- Design and develop data plane components using C++, Golang and Python as programming languages.
- Develop low latency and high availability solutions with fully automated test suites that work in traditional data centers and public/private clouds.
- Full ownership of your design and development activity by adapting to customer feedback and resolving bugs found in unit testing, system testing and customer deployments.
- Work independently but know when to ask for help, while collaborating within a small team.
- Innovate – product, platform and the process to continuously improve our value proposition to customers.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent field with 4-6 years of industry experience.
- Like the thrill of early stage startups, enjoy working in a fast paced and open environment.
- C/C++ and/or Golang programming skills combined with one or more scripting languages – Python, Perl, Unix Shell scripting, etc.
- Knowledge of networking and application protocols like TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/TLS, DNS.
- Good knowledge of modern Linux or Unix internals, sockets and systems programming.
- Good knowledge of multi-threaded/concurrent programming and distributed systems.
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with any Web Servers, Load Balancers, Web Application Firewalls.
The salary range represents the low and high end of the base salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for Cequence Security employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, commissions, stock options, unlimited Paid Time Off, and other benefits not listed.
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work at a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!CONTACT US