The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two million people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Fund Administration team at Carta is rapidly growing and we would like to add highly motivated, innovative individuals who are willing to “roll up their sleeves” to join the team. Our three main pillars of competency in Fund Administration at Carta are technical excellence, client management and innovation. We put our customers first, are willing to learn and grow, are problem solvers, work with urgency, ensure data security is a priority, project management effectively, maintain a professional community and work as one team.
Learn more about how we think about fund administration here - https://carta.com/blog/building-fund-admin/
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Help provide leverage to our clients by understanding and prioritizing their needs while effectively scaling our CFO services. Some of the strategic support that we provide includes:
- Capital calls and distributions
- Audit/tax support
- Pre/post close services
- Quarterly and annual financials
- Limited Partner communications
- Bring transparency to founders, VCs, established General Partners and LPs and help our clients make more accurate decisions by helping them utilize our tools and resources such as:
- Real-time IRR
- Real-time portfolio data
- Provide additional data points (TVPI, RVPI)
- Improve our product and software through working with our product and engineering teams to continue to develop our Venture Capital product suite
- Turn a service industry into a software business through consulting with clients and implementing our Fund Administration software
- Interact with clients on a daily basis and manage an effective client relationship
- Interact with external auditors and tax providers
- Review all client deliverables, including financial packages, capital calls, distributions and ad-hoc client requests
- Assist Directors to execute new and current processes within the team
- Ensure the accounting team is SOC compliant in all processes and procedures
The Impact You’ll Have
Our goal is to position Carta as the leading Fund Administration group. As a Fund Controller at Carta, you will be part of a highly dynamic team to support our goal and the future of the Fund Administration business. In this role, you will partner with top venture capital/private equity firms to streamline their financial accounting needs. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our product, engineering, go-to-market and operation teams, all while growing your foundational knowledge of accounting in an engaging, fast-paced environment. You will also help mentor our junior team members.
- You have experience maintaining, managing and nurturing multiple client relationships
- You’re interested in providing best-in-class-service
- You have experience interpreting and understanding Limited Partnership Agreements, Private Placement Memorandum
- You have experience reviewing financial statements and footnotes, ensuring consistency with appropriate reporting framework
- You have experience in understanding, interpreting and working on Waterfall calculations, management fees, and carried interest allocations
- You have experience in working on complex entity structures and report consolidations
- You have strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- You take pride in your ability to communicate effectively and are able to multitask to meet multiple deadlines
- You have experience managing and monitoring the timely delivery of quality client deliverables
- You have a deep understanding of Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Fund Administration
- You have advanced Microsoft Office skills with Investran experience
- You have experience implementing accounting data into a general ledger system
- You’re interested in working on projects in a fast paced environment with a supportive team and as an individual
- You have experience leveraging technologies to automate processes and gain efficiencies
- You have experience providing training and guidance to new and existing team members
- You have risk management experience, identifying risk and putting controls in place.
- 8+ years of experience in the Venture Capital or Private Equity industry
- Strong command of Mandarin, private credit experience preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected]. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.