Senior Cash Associate - Fund Administration
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two million people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Problems You’ll Solve
At Carta, our employees set out on a mission to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places. We believe that the problems we solve today unlock the opportunities of tomorrow.
Carta’s Venture Capital Cash Reconciliation & Bank Administration team is looking to uplevel its technical ability to meet the team’s goals of zero errors and high velocity. A Senior Associate will solve the following problems:
- Unblock junior team members in their day to day processing of cash journal entries and/or bank uploads
- Deliver swift client communication & resolution upon customer escalations
- Partner with existing Enablement Managers to develop and lead training sessions of new and existing employees
- Serve as a technical resource for complex and technical accounting edge cases the team comes across.
- Partner with Carta’s R&D teams to drive product enhancements and automation
- Work with your manager to improve team processes and expand the scope of the cash team
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our Cash & Bank Functional Team within Carta’s Venture Capital business.
This team is responsible for the daily reconciliation of all cash transactions for Carta’s network of VC customers, including expenses, investments, LP contributions, and LP distributions. This team’s scope also includes the management of bank data import to Carta’s GL: managing bank access credentials, software integrations with banks, manual bank transaction import, and bank statement upload.
- Helpful: much of your day will be collaborative, working with other members of the Cash team
- Customer-centric: You will be helping more junior employees deliver top-tier service to Carta’s clients on a daily basis.
- A change agent: You’ll interact with venture capitalists, engineers, product managers, and operations teams in order to master your craft and improve the accuracy and velocity of the Cash team.
- Tech-focused: We’re at the forefront of accounting and technology, where you’ll work directly with product teams and Venture Capitalists.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $102,000 - $120,000point in New York, NY
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected]. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.