Lead Product Marketing Manager
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta's tender offer solutions have returned $14B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Problems You’ll Solve
At Carta, our employees set out on a mission to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places. We believe that the problems we solve today unlock the opportunities of tomorrow. As a Lead Product Marketing Manager, you'll work to:
- Define Carta’s market positioning within the private markets space.
- Craft Carta’s product narrative in partnership with Brand Strategy
- Develop marketing collateral, including product guides, sales enablement content to support product launches and ongoing marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other teams to influence product development and ensure that customer feedback is integrated into product improvements.
- Conduct customer interviews and gather feedback to understand pain points and customer needs, which can inform product development and marketing strategies.
The Team You’ll Work With
Over 40,000 startups have grown on Carta from issuing equity to their first hires all the way to running their first liquidity event. The product marketing team at Carta is the driving force behind getting products to market - and keeping them there. We love connecting users with products and experiences they love.
As a member of Carta’s Product Marketing team, you will be connecting users to the products they build their companies on. The ultimate role of a product marketer is to liaise between internal teams (Product,Engineering, Design, and Business teams) and the end-user. As a product marketer you are an expert on the user and their needs.
Our team is focused on three things:
- Improving product roadmaps by serving as the voice of the customer
- Driving adoption and utilization of new & existing features
- Aligning and enabling internal teams to tell the right story about Carta’s product
A successful PMM for this role would likely have:
- At least 5 years of product marketing experience
- A deep understanding of the private markets ecosystem and the current market landscape
- Motivation to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Taken products and teams from zero to one
- Creative problem solving skills. Someone who can diagnose problems, isolate them into their component parts, and drive towards creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations, especially to executives
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $168,000 - 198,000 salary in [San Francisco, CA; New York, NY]