Head of Venture Capital Tax
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
We are looking for an ambitious leader to serve as our Head of Venture Capital Tax. In this role, you will operate as our internal visionary and subject matter tax expert to revolutionize the way that taxes get done in the VC space. Carta is currently trusted by over 2,000 firms with over $120B in assets. There’s an enormous opportunity to expand our offerings to these firms to include full service (and automated) tax prep and filing as part of our software platform.
Partnering closely with our leadership, R&D, and go to market teams, you will work to build, market, and deliver this new offering to our existing and future venture clients. In tandem, you will work to build and lead a talented organization of tax professionals who are equally as energized by the idea of automating and transforming the VC tax space.
This position sits within our VC Delivery Organization and will report into our Head of Venture Capital, Megan Greer.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Own, drive, and be the visionary behind Carta’s new venture capital tax offering
- Through partnership with product and engineering, transform the LP experience with K-1s that are released and automated on our software platform
- Intimately understand the health and needs of Carta’s venture client ecosystem and use this knowledge to prioritize our growth plans and improve customer engagement and loyalty
- As this business scales, hire and lead a team of talented tax professionals that will service our VC client base
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders and organizations to drive growth of the business
- 10+ years of alternative investment tax experience
- Passionate and knowledgeable about venture capital: you intimately understand the pressures facing our clients and are ready to roll up your sleeves
- Experience building, leading, and growing an organization
- Organized and calm under pressure, you are able to manage competing demands on your time, whilst persevering to solve ambiguous problems
- Ability to work cross functionally and drive progress forward
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills