Lead Analyst, Paid Media
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
Bluevine is seeking an experienced marketing analytics professional to provide insights into our customers and marketing efforts. You will conduct strategic analysis, help structure and optimize campaigns, and build and maintain highly visible reporting with an impact felt across the organization. The successful candidate is strategic, data-driven, and action-oriented with sharp business acumen.
You will also advance Bluevine’s thinking on the tools we need to deliver these insights, guiding the direction of the technology stack used to analyze marketing data, as well as underlying data. To do this, you will work with internal teams and outside vendors on projects such as developing multi-touch attribution logic, implementing campaign governance structures (e.g. UTM code structures), and more.
You will directly contribute toward program initiation, delivery and performance reporting. You will build views and analyses that inform and direct the marketing team, including self-service dashboards, weekly recap insights, NPS analysis, A/B/n and multivariate tests, and ad hoc investigations. Success in the role will require you to connect ongoing marketing efforts directly to business outcomes.
You will work with stakeholders across the marketing team (growth, product, web, partner, brand/comms), as well as other cross functional groups, like business operations, product, business intelligence, data engineering, and data science.
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively with senior marketing and business stakeholders to identify business needs and provide data-driven insights and opportunities for improvement within our marketing organization
- Define KPIs, monitor marketing and site performance, and create clear reporting for stakeholders, offering recommendations to drive better business outcomes
- Create automated dashboards to enable stakeholders to monitor business performance on traffic, conversion rates, and funnel behaviors
- Work with marketing stakeholders to optimize and forecast existing channel and campaign performance. Make recommendations for campaign adjustments in order to meet/exceed our budget goals.
- Launch new channels with the team, choosing audiences and markets and thinking strategically about performance measurement and what success looks like.
- Oversee daily, weekly, and monthly analytics and reporting for our paid media acquisition campaigns across all channels including Paid Search (Google, Bing), Paid Social (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), Display, Programmatic, Video, OOH, and Radio.
- Implement A/B and multi-variant testing plus other optimization techniques to drive improvements. Anlayze tests from start to finish to ensure tests are set up correctly and results are measurable. Make recommendations on rollout and/or next steps.
- Understand how Organic traffic and how it interacts with paid campaigns tracking organic performance along with paid initiatives.
- Understand Bluevine’s customer segments and the behavior of each. Leverage analytics to find opportunities within each segment.
- Own channel attribution working with attrition tools to assign proper credit to channels within the conversion funnel.
- Progress Bluevine’s thinking on marketing measurement, working with operational and engineering teams to onboard new vendors and optimize existing ones, refining data pipelines that allow for clear marketing performance insights
- Partner with our business intelligence and data engineering teams to run workflows, define requirements and project roadmap to ensure consistent data availability, data quality and data accessibility
- Utilize multiple data sets and business intuition to perform ad hoc data analyses to understand trends and performance across customer segments and products
- Align with agencies and external partners on campaign setup, testing, and tracking.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree from a top university, ideally in a business or quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience in an analytics or strategy capacity with a focus on marketing
- 5+ years of experience at technology companies (Financial Services a plus)
- A proven expert in understanding how paid media can generate demand for a high-growth business
- Deep understanding of Digital Marketing channels (SEO, SEM, Display, Retargeting, Video, Paid Social, and Radio) & Growth Analytics (Segmentation, Attribution and Data Modeling)
- In-depth experience with marketing analytics and testing platforms (Google Analytics, CDPs, Optimizely, etc.) and CRM tools (Salesforce Data Cloud and Marketing Cloud).
- Expertise in various marketing attribution tools and methodologies (Multi-touch, Media Mix Modeling)
- Comfort designing and executing analysis on large data sets, including experience pulling data using SQL
- Experience creating data visualizations and dashboards, ideally with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc)
- Interest and experience in data governance and scaling when developing reports used for insights
- A bias toward action paired with strong organizational and documentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to gather information, work with data to solve conceptual problems, and drive cross-functional execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across formats (email, slides, dashboards)
- Comfort working on multiple high-priority projects concurrently, including with limited time and ambiguous data
- Passion for BlueVine and our mission, including marketing to small and medium-sized businesses
New Hire Base Salary Range: $105,700.00 to $129,500.00
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities