Senior Data Scientist
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is not a fully remote role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and follow a hybrid model.
ABOUT THE ROLE
BlueVine seeks an exceptional Data Scientist to join our Tel-Aviv or Jersey City office. The ideal candidate is a data enthusiast with a proven track record of solving complex data-related problems using advanced statistical and machine-learning tools in real-world product development settings. Candidates should demonstrate strong statistical, mathematical, and technical skills, with proven capabilities to transition ideas into fully working projects. In addition, the candidate needs to have a creative and innovative mindset to examine our current processes and help us reach the next level of Data Science.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to design, build, maintain, and improve multiple decision-making systems.
- Apply modern software development techniques to implement models in a scalable, robust, and maintainable way.
- Collaborate on highly technical MLOps projects - from redesigning working infrastructures, maintaining and improving our current models and underlying systems, and integrating new technologies into the data science workflow.
- Lead initiatives to define and implement dedicated data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building our analytical systems.
- Work closely with your fellow Data Scientists, the R&D department, and cross-functionally with teams across the US and Israel.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- At least three years of working experience as a full-stack Data Scientist or equivalent.
- Domain-level experience in Credit Risk modeling in the financial services industry.
- Experience developing and deploying scalable production-level code in Python and working with ML frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Scikit-Learn.
- Experience working with Relational Databases and writing optimized SQL queries.
- Theoretical and Practical experience developing and deploying ML models (spanning Ideation, R&D, Analysis, Training/Testing, Deployment, and Measurement).
- MLOps Experience in the AWS Ecosystem.
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining Airflow DAGs.
- Designing and Running Experiments to measure impact.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Data Eng, MLOPS, Analytics, Business, and Product partners.
DECISION-MAKING AND INFLUENCE
Experience communicating technical concepts and findings to a non-technical audience.
New Hire Base Salary Range: $134,300 - $161,200
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities