Bitsight is a cyber risk management leader transforming how companies manage exposure, performance, and risk for themselves and their third parties. Companies rely on Bitsight to prioritize their cybersecurity investments, build greater trust within their ecosystem, and reduce their chances of financial loss.
Built on over a decade of technological innovation, its integrated solutions deliver value across enterprise security performance, digital supply chains, cyber insurance, and data analysis.
- We invented the cyber ratings industry in 2011
- Over 3000 customers trust Bitsight
- Over 750 teammates are dispersed throughout Boston, Raleigh, New York, Lisbon, Singapore, Argentina, and remote
You’ll be responsible for working closely with our Product, DevSecOps, Data Science, and UI/UX teams to understand the evolving requirements of our middleware architecture and how to build performant, scalable solutions for requirements defined in collaborating with the Product organization.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to scale our SaaS product during a time of rapid user growth to ensure an excellent customer experience;
- Maintaining, building, and optimizing our REST APIs with a particular focus on making existing APIs scale to handle larger and larger amounts of data;
- Decoupling existing chunks of our primary backend service with an eye toward spinning them off into their own microservice if prudent;
- Where appropriate, design and implement non-REST APIs to improve performance for specific customer or front-end needs--e.g. websockets for real-time notifications, etc.;
- Championing best practices for our microservice architecture and design;
- Working closely with the DevOps team to improve and optimize our CI/CD processes and production architecture to improve both developer and customer experience.
- 2 or more years of experience designing, building, and maintaining a customer-facing SaaS application;
- Knowledge of microservice and software architecture designs patterns;
- Experience with object-oriented languages (Python, Ruby, C#, Java, etc.);
- Experience with one/some/all of the following technologies: Python, Django, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, Jenkins, Express, Nodejs, Spring Boot, Flask;
- Experience with breaking up a software monolith into microservices;
- Experience with managing the rollout of new APIs, data manipulation, and processing technologies (gRPC, GraphQL, Kafka, etc.) to software development organizations.
Diversity. Bitsight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Culture. We put our people first. Bitsight offers best in class benefits. We devote the same energy to nurturing our company's inclusive culture as we apply to serving our customers' needs. Working at Bitsight will give you the opportunity to fulfill your professional goals and expand your skills.
Open-minded. If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Bitsight’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways.
Additional Information for United States of America Applicants:
Bitsight also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email . This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with applicable law.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.