Account Executive, Partnerships
Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing and retirement solutions for retail investors and investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making people’s lives better. We’re headquartered in NYC, and offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) and select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
We are seeking an ambitious Partner Account Executive to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Partner sales process from contacting leads to closing deals that result in Bookings. You are a tech-savvy seller who is passionate about working with decision-makers to add a retirement offering to their employee benefits or transition plans from their existing provider. This position will be based in NYC, focused on generating new business and representing Betterment at Work 401(k) solutions.
This role is based out of our NYC office.. Below we've reflected the base salary range we would offer for this position. The actual compensation offered will be based on candidate experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterment’s total compensation package for employees.
- New York City: $85,000 - $97,500 + Commission
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, life and AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, EAP, commuter/parking, FSA/HSA, and 401(k) with employer match as well as a flexible PTO policy. This job is eligible for variable compensation in the form of a commission bonus. For jobs based out of our NYC HQ, we require in office attendance Tuesday through Thursday, weekly.
A day in the life
- Build strong relationships with existing and new strategic partnership sales resources to drive meaningful sales outcomes (leads and opportunities created)
- Focus on meeting and exceeding sales goals and objectives
- Manage a lead funnel, assisting prospects with email, chat, and phone correspondence
- Conduct discovery and online demonstration calls, managing the entire sales cycle to closing deals and selling the value of Betterment products
- Develop relationships with all levels of the Partner organizations to maximize sales opportunities
- Ensure effective and consistent use of Salesforce
- Provide “voice of the client, partner and industry” to marketing and product management to drive roadmaps
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of sales experience working in B2B tech/SaaS sales and co-selling with Partner field sales resources, managing a lead funnel
- Experience in payroll/HCM sales is highly desirable
- Curiosity and interest in financial products and retirement planning
- Demonstrated track record of high performance
- Ability to grasp and communicate complex financial concepts
- High energy and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Strong communication skills - you will collaborate with our sales team to drive process improvements
- Experience with sales technology stack like Outreach and Salesforce
- Regional travel expectations of 20-40% of your time
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people's lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, and ourselves—and we won’t stop until we reach them. We don’t just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we're at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and strive to uphold our supportive and inclusive community.
We invest in you with:
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; STD and LTD benefits, including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; and generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 7 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own and lead change and affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™️
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
We’ll take a few weeks to review all applications. If we’d like to spend more time with you, we’ll reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, and our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants.
E-Verify Notice (Spanish)
Right to Work Notice
Right to Work Notice (Spanish)
CPRA Language - CA Applicants ONLY