Director, Sales Enablement & B2B Marketing
Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing and retirement solutions for retail investors and investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making people’s lives better. We’re headquartered in NYC, and offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) and select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
In this new position, as the Director, B2B Sales Enablement and Product Marketing , you will play a pivotal role in growing our Betterment at Work business. You’ll work across the B2B organization, empowering our sales team with necessary tools, knowledge and training, enabling them to sell our product and drive revenue growth. You will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies and campaigns, optimizing sales processes, and providing the necessary support to engage buyers and maximize sales performance.
This role will cover all customer segments, including Direct and Partner sales, and support the full sales cycle from lead generation to post-sales expansion. As a collaborative marketer, you will partner with growth marketing, creative services, insights, analytics, rev ops and more internal teams, as well as external vendors and agencies as needed. Additionally you will oversee a two-person team (with possible future growth) to help set strategy and execute breakthrough, effective campaigns.
This role is based out of our NYC office. Below we've reflected the base salary range we would offer for this position. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterment’s total compensation package for employees.
- New York City: $150,000 - $175,000
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, life and AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, EAP, commuter and parking benefits FSA/HSA, and 401(k) with employer match as well as a flexible PTO policy. This job may also be eligible for variable compensation in the form of a company incentive bonus. For jobs based out of our NYC HQ, we require in office attendance Tuesday through Thursday, weekly.
A day in the life
- Develop a sales enablement strategy for both direct and partner sales, including a fulsome content program across the entire buyer journey
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to align marketing initiatives with sales objectives, ensuring a seamless integration of marketing campaigns and sales processes
- Develop and execute impactful training that equips our sales teams with the product knowledge needed to excel in their roles
- Identify and assess digital tools, platforms, and applications that will enhance the sales team's productivity, effectiveness, and customer engagement, and oversee their implementation and integration
- Partner with Insights’ counterpart to identify category and competitive insights and monitor sales process; develop battlecards and other tools to customize pitch strategies
- Deeply embed yourself with the business leadership to understand the ins and outs of the 401(k) space and the Betterment at Work solution
- Consult on new initiatives and areas of expansion as it relates to revenue growth, pricing models and go-to-market strategies
- Stay updated on the latest trends and advancements in sales enablement, emerging technologies, and industry best practices, and proactively identify opportunities for improvement
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in sales enablement, B2B product marketing, or a related role, preferably within financial services
- Inspiring and effective manager, someone who can both execute and delegate, provide direction and prioritize team assignments
- Strong understanding of digital tools, platforms, and technologies used for sales enablement, such as CRM systems, sales automation software, content management systems, and data analytics tools
- Solid knowledge of B2B marketing strategies, including content marketing, lead generation, and customer journey optimization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, draw insights, and make data-driven decisions
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to plan, execute, and monitor initiatives effectively
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a passion for innovation and continuous improvement
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people's lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, and ourselves—and we won’t stop until we reach them. We don’t just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we're at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and strive to uphold our supportive and inclusive community.
We invest in you with:
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; STD and LTD benefits, including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; and generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 6 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own and lead change and affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™️
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
We’ll take a few weeks to review all applications. If we’d like to spend more time with you, we’ll reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, and our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants.
E-Verify Notice (Spanish)
Right to Work Notice
Right to Work Notice (Spanish)
CPRA Language - CA Applicants ONLY