Industry Event Contractor
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
We are looking for an Event Marketer to join our Demand Generation team to manage our third party industry conferences and trade shows. You will own the planning, execution, and follow-up for these events and work in close collaboration with sales, marketing, and product teams. In addition, you will set and manage KPIs, metrics, and reporting to assess performance and pipeline contribution.
- Support, plan, and execute all North America industry conferences and tradeshows to drive pipeline and brand awareness
- Drive strong cross-functional communication and project management across multiple departments (sales, SDRs, marketing, brand, comms, creative) on expectations, goals, deliverables, workstream progress, event logistics, results and follow-up
- Build relationships with conference vendors and negotiate preferential sponsorship packages and costs for all 3rd party events
- Strategize tactics for amplifying our presence at industry events, targeting key personas, driving leads, and generating and accelerating pipeline
- Assist with reporting on the impact of third party events including managing key metrics such as new contacts generated, MQL, SQL, opportunity conversion, pipe generation and maturation, etc.
- Manage logistics including building landing pages, liaising with third party vendors, overseeing swag fulfillment/inventory, coordinating travel, and training and managing event staff
- Manage event expenses, budgets, and report on ROI to determine the program’s success
- 2+ years experience in event and/or field marketing. B2B SaaS companies preferred
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with all aspects of third party event management, logistics, vendor negotiation, budget management, and marketing
- Honed ability to collaborate, build relationships, and drive results across teams (including remote colleagues) and at all levels of an organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders
- Experience making the ‘event live beyond the day’ - ability to plan an end-to-end marketing program that leverages lead nurture, SDR outreach and repurposing of event content
- Excellent presentation skills
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the hourly rate is $25/hour.
#LI-JE1 #LI-Hybrid #BI-Hybrid
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.