Back End Software Engineer I
About the Role
Abnormal Security is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Premium Email Products (PEP) team. The PEP team builds & operates Abnormal’s Abuse Mailbox and Search & Respond products. This is a full stack team which is responsible for all the layers, including data storage, backend & frontend. We are looking for a junior member to join our team, who’ll work alongside experienced engineers to build and improve our customer facing products.
What you will do
- Work on production systems to stabilize and improve existing features
- Collaborate with engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to define, build, test, launch, and support new product features
- Own features end-to-end through the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Sales Engineering organization on production issues and sales solutions
- Provide code reviews for other engineers to catch bugs & problems before they make it into production
- 1+ year(s) of software development experience
- Intermediate+ Python or Go skills
- Self driven with strong asynchronous communication skills, you don’t require micromanagement to be successful
- Open to following pre-established guidelines, coding practices and conventions
- You’re growth driven & looking to increase impact & responsibility over time
- BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Sciences, Information Systems or other related engineering field
Nice to Have
- Experience with React, Typescript, Django
- Familiarity with AWS services and deployment practices.
- Knowledge of containerization using Docker or similar technologies.