Back End Software Engineer II
About the Role
At Abnormal Security, we are on a thrilling mission to safeguard the world's largest enterprises against a vast range of relentless email and collaboration application cyber security attacks. Our relentless pursuit involves crafting an exceptional suite of products that empowers customers to seamlessly visualize, expertly control, and fearlessly combat cyber-security threats.
Abnormal engineering division is actively seeking passionate Senior Software Engineers - Backend to embark on this exhilarating journey alongside us.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Growth-oriented, looking to increase impact, responsibility, and ownership over time
- Proven experience in system design and built applications at scale.
- Detail driven and care about code quality, testing, and performance
- Looking to grow as an engineer as part of a strong team, learning from established engineers, product managers, and designers
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work autonomously and asynchronously with remote collaborators and stakeholders
- Comfortable with test driven development, working as part of a large organization divided by standardized interfaces.
Must Have Skills
- 6+ years of industry experience as a Backend Software engineer with expertise developing production grade Golang/Python.
- Understanding of Golang and its ecosystem, including Python, REST framework, and authentication mechanisms.
- Familiarity with AWS services and deployment practices.
- Knowledge of containerization using Docker or similar technologies.
- Understanding of database systems and proficiency in SQL.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Django
What You’ll Do
- Design and Development:
- Design & Develop robust, scalable and secure web applications using Golang, Python and React.
- You will be relied upon to own the delivery of end-to-end projects for a Standing Team -- to design, decompose, execute, and launch. You will play the role of a highly capable feature lead, able to take a clearly defined business problem, and design a technical approach to implement. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will be owning clear systems/areas, proven as a consistent Individual Contributor for large projects within the Division.
- Ownership & Technical Leadership
- You will be owning end-to-end key deliverables within a Division's Quarterly Roadmap -- to set, maintain, and deliver
- Cross Division Multiplier as a Leader
- You will align the team toward key projects, de-risking projects, defining deliverables, and executing toward key milestones
- Support and On-call:
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by users or identified through monitoring systems and participate in on-call rotations.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Communicate effectively in Async manner with team members to provide updates, discuss challenges and propose solutions.
- You will be participating in code reviews to maintain code quality and in system design discussions.
- Continuous Learning and Improvement:
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing within the team and participate in professional development activities.