Vice President Informatics (TBD)
Vilya is a computational biotechnology company creating a novel class of medicines to precisely target disease biology. We believe computational approaches are an integral, if not foundational, component of drug discovery and development. Our platform is built on ground-breaking research in advanced computational approaches and taps into uncharted chemical space to design new molecular structures not found in nature.
We are harnessing the power of our platform to go after previously impossible targets in an array of indications. Vilya’s ultimate goal is to solve some of the most challenging unmet medical needs that exist today.
Our Vision: Harness a revolution in technology and biology to better human health
Our Mission: Build an independent, leading biotech company founded on intelligent drug design to cure the incurable
We are seeking a Vice President, Informatics to develop, implement and drive our informatics infrastructure in a fast-based and early-stage, future-looking company that is championing an in silico-driven drug discovery process.
- Leader in Data Analysis and Management: Implement and manage databases to store and analyze biological, chemical, and pharmacological data. Ensure data integrity, quality, and accessibility for the research team.
- Bioinformatics Support: Analyze genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic data to identify potential drug targets and understand disease mechanisms.
- Cheminformatics: Apply algorithms and computational techniques to chemical data to predict compound properties, bioactivity, and toxicity.
- Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with other scientists to interpret data, provide insights, and make strategic decisions.
- Literature and Database Mining: Stay abreast of the latest scientific advances and computational methodologies. Mine scientific literature and databases for relevant data and insights.
- Technical Support and Training: Provide technical expertise and support to team members. Train staff on new informatics tools and methodologies.
- Education: PhD in bioinformatics, cheminformatics, computational biology, computer science, or a related field with at least 15 years of relevant experience
- Experience: Proven experience in drug discovery informatics, or related areas in a research or industry setting.
- Technical Skills: Strong proficiency in programming languages (e.g., Python, R), database management, and the application of machine learning techniques in biological and chemical data analysis.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze complex datasets, identify trends and patterns, and solve challenging problems.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly to diverse audiences.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams, with a collaborative and proactive approach.
- Opportunity to work in a disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Stock options
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Support to attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Salary Range : $260-305k