Lab Ops and Facilities Specialist (SF Bay Area)
Vilya is a computational biotechnology company creating a novel class of medicines to precisely target disease biology. We believe computational approaches are an integral, if not foundational, component of drug discovery and development. Our platform is built on ground-breaking research in advanced computational approaches and taps into uncharted chemical space to design new molecular structures not found in nature.
Our molecules open the door to a brand-new class of medicine with enhanced drug-like properties. We are harnessing the power of our platform to go after previously impossible targets in an array of indications. Vilya’s ultimate goal is to solve some of the most challenging unmet medical needs that exist today.
Our Vision: Harness a revolution in technology and biology to better human health
Our Mission: Build an independent, leading biotech company founded on intelligent drug design to cure the incurable
We are seeking a Lab Operations and Facilities - Specialist to support the daily lab operations of our South San Francisco site. This role will help manage the facility, equipment, supplies and vendors to support the scientific research and development enabling the team to accomplish our mission. This role will report directly to the Lab Manager.
You will be joining a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but whose drug discovery and development organization is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape Vilya’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- Help drive daily operation of the labs including chemistry and biology labs
- Support lab manager with day to day tasks
- Support all equipment maintenance and installations (HPLC, MS, Flow Cytometer, Peptide Synthesizers, Lyophilizers and other various equipment)
- Emergency response to equipment failures
- Support all shipping and receiving for the site
- Maintain lab inventory, including consumables, reagent chemicals and solvent supplies
- Effectively communicate with vendors for various lab services including EHS, compressed gasses and equipment maintenance
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and maintain a safe working environment
- Ability to lift and move laboratory equipment, supplies and other items, adhering to proper safety protocols and guidelines
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelors in a relevant field (Biology, Chemistry, Engineering…etc) or equivalent experience.
- Experience within biotech laboratory (1-2 years preferred)
- Previous experience with lab management tasks such as inventory management, biohazard/chemical waste management, and equipment maintenance/installations.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Familiar with EHS rules and regulations applicable within a biotech laboratory
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Opportunity to work in a disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Stock options
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Support to attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Salary Range : $60,000-$90,000 (depending on experience)