Vareto is reimagining both how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. Executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts debug Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation reporting and planning platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, Latin America, and Europe) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders including GV, Menlo Ventures, and over 100 angels.
Sales Development Representative (SDR)
At Vareto, we know that the key to growth is a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking a qualified sales development representative (SDR) to find and screen potential customers who could benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with a prospect, the ideal SDR has a strong understanding of the sales process and excels at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting up sales closers for success. The SDR should be a quick learner who has strong communication skills and an ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for boosting top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
Objectives of this role
- Represent the company’s products and services, using comprehensive knowledge as well as consumer research to explain how our solutions meet customer needs
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects and finding potential new sales opportunities
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives in next steps
- Identify best practices for refining the company’s lead-generation playbook
- Utilize Salesforce, cold calls, LinkedIn, and email to generate new sales opportunities
- Identify the needs of prospects, and suggest appropriate products or services
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales executives
- Report to the sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
Required skills and qualifications
- Two or more years of experience in sales, with a track record of exceeding lead targets
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven, creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Constant learner with a high level of accountability
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or at least five years of relevant work experience
- Experience as a sales development representative with a track record of achieving sales quotas
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM software, Outreach, LinkedIn, and SalesNavigator
What we offer:
- Competitive salary range between $80k - $90k OTE, equity, and 401K with 4% matching.
- We offer a variety of health insurance plans for you to choose from, covering employee premiums at 90%.
- We offer HSA & FSA plans (includes health and dependent care) to cover your out-of-pocket costs with pre-tax savings.
- Parental leave: 3-month paid leave for all parents within a year following the birth or adoption.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Flexible schedule that accommodates the different time zones of our international team: we believe flexibility leads to productivity, so you're welcome to choose your own schedule.
- Budgets for social connectivity, home-office setup, mental and physical wellness, and co-working with others in your area.
- Semi-annual company retreats and team socials to foster connection for our remote-first team.
- Learning & Development: we encourage and subsidize continual learning.
- Mentorship from our network of leaders.
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Vareto is a fully-remote, global company. #LI-Remote