Sales Account Executive
Vareto is reimagining both how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. Executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts debug Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation reporting and planning platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, Latin America, and Europe) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders including GV, Menlo Ventures, and over 100 angels.
Sales at Vareto
Our sales philosophy at Vareto is to think long-term and focus on customer value above all else.
Like other companies, we set quarterly revenue goals to provide structure to our sales activities. However—unlike other companies—our fundamental belief is that the score takes care of itself. When we meet a prospective customer, our top goal is not to sign a contract together, but to understand their needs and be as useful as we can. We focus on adding value first, trusting that contracts will come later. As long as we keep doing this, Vareto will continue to grow at a rapid pace and our customers will continue to be our biggest fans and cheerleaders.
Here are the three tenets of Vareto’s sales approach:
- Be quiet (at first). Listen, and then take a consultative, advisory approach. No blind selling here. If Vareto isn’t the right fit for a prospective customer, then say so and suggest alternatives.
- Be respectful. Our prospective customers are sharp, strategic, and super busy. So don’t waste their time. Show them exactly what they need to see and give them succinct, accurate, and helpful answers.
- Be useful. Try to add as much value as possible, and not just through Vareto’s products and services. Introduce our prospective customers to relevant people, communities, and resources.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with finance teams and their business stakeholders to understand their business objectives, and act as their trusted guide to select an FP&A solution (usually Vareto, but not always).
- Listen to our potential future customers and use this information to personalize demos and point out details that would be most useful for them to know.
- Support our Product team in their quest to build the best, most delightful product by sharing feedback from sales conversations and helping with roadmap prioritization.
- Establish lasting relationships with senior executives and decision-makers. Create as much value for them as possible by introducing them to relevant people, communities, and resources.
- Ensure customer happiness and success working closely with the Customer Success team.
- Since this is a founding Sales role, expect to do “full stack” sales. This includes everything from generating your own pipeline to being present at every meeting with a prospective customer, and finally working with their security and legal teams to get Vareto approved and contracts signed. (As we build out our GTM functions, you’ll have increasingly more help with various aspects of this.)
- Ability to travel when required to meet prospective customers in person and attend certain conferences and social events.
- Build the company you want to work at.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of mid-market and/or enterprise B2B SaaS sales experience, preferably with price points above $50K ACV.
- History of hitting sales objectives and exceeding quota.
- Ability to align technology solutions to complex, multi-stakeholder business problems and utilize strategic thinking skills to solve customer problems.
- Strong network, with an ability to create opportunities and build your own pipeline.
- Demonstrated success in strategic territory management, with the ability to prioritize among a high volume of opportunities and build a consistent 12-month rolling pipeline.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, solve problems creatively, think on your feet, and be comfortable in new situations working with multiple stakeholders.
- [Bonus] Existing relationships within Finance, Business Operations, Sales Operations, and/or Revenue Operations organizations.
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Vareto is a fully-remote, global company. #LI-Remote