Staff/Principal Propulsion Engineer
A new space race has begun. True Anomaly seeks those with the talent and ambition to build innovative technology that solves the next generation of engineering, manufacturing, and operational challenges for space security and sustainability.
The peaceful use of space is essential for continued prosperity on Earth—from communications and finance to navigation and logistics. True Anomaly builds innovative technology at the intersection of spacecraft, software, and AI to enhance the capabilities of the U.S., its allies, and commercial partners. We safeguard global security by ensuring space access and sustainability for all.
- Be the offset. We create asymmetric advantages with creativity and ingenuity
- What would it take? We challenge assumptions to deliver ambitious results
- It’s the people. Our team is our competitive advantage and we are better together
- Work with a product focused team including mechanical, electrical, software, and automation engineers to rapidly develop revolutionary propulsion systems.
- Design mechanical systems and components including creating CAD models and production drawings using NASTRAN and/or Solidworks.
- Perform structural analysis.
- Design and develop detail piece part and assembly drawings.
- Assemble and test development and flight propulsion systems.
- Set up and lead propulsion production of complex N2H4 and MON3 systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with training in analysis of structures and fluids.
- 10+ years of professional experience in space propulsion.
- Demonstrated excellence in mechanical, pneumatic, hypergolic systems.
- Experience with propulsion subcomponent or pressurized components (valves, regulators, tubes, pipes) development, design and test.
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as Solidworks.
- Proficiency in fluids simulation tools.
- Passion for the space industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with little input on requirements or management oversight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- 15+ years experience in development and production of space propulsion systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in propulsion qualification such as environmental and hot firing testing
- Demonstrated propulsion reliability analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in monopropellant and/or storable bipropellant injector design
- Work Location – On-site at our factory in Centennial, CO
- Work environment – The work environment; temperature, noise level, inside or outside, or other factors that will affect the person's working conditions while performing the job.
- Physical demands – The physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. True Anomaly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.