Elixir Software Engineer (TS//SCI)
We are fighting tomorrow’s war with yesterday’s technology.
A new space race has begun. Until recently, only governments and civilian agencies could afford to access space. The flood gates of the new space economy are now open and with incredible opportunity comes myriad complex challenges. The pace of threats is accelerating and the organizations charged with protecting and defending space are falling further behind. A new breed of commercial companies are required to rapidly design, develop, and deploy solutions to both known and unknown space security problems.
Enter True Anomaly
We are revolutionizing space security and sustainability with fully-integrated mission technologies designed to protect the interests of the United States, its Allies, and partners. We operate at the intersection of autonomous vehicles and big data to deliver unmatched capabilities on-orbit for decision advantage here on earth.
- Be the offset. We create asymmetric advantages with creativity and ingenuity
- What would it take? We challenge assumptions to deliver ambitious results
- It’s the people. Our team is our competitive advantage and we are better together
Software is the central nervous system for True Anomaly’s engineering and product thesis. Software bridges the gap between military objectives, theoretical astrodynamics and the human and autonomous control of spacecraft and ground systems in time and space. True Anomaly is seeking a highly-experienced senior software engineer to lead development of our distributed spacecraft ground control system.
You do not need to have experience building space ground systems or experience in aerospace. You’ll have ownership of challenging, greenfield problems and a chance to fundamentally impact the outcome of future conflict (and the future of the company), all while enjoying world-class benefits including platinum healthcare, flexible work hours/location, highly competitive compensation and a generous stock options package.
- Design, develop, and sustain satellite command and control, mission planning, mission data processing and data analysis software systems
- Bring your voice to the table in team collaborations on architecture, design, and code reviews
- Interact and collaborate with engineers from various disciplines to create emergent results
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Deep understanding of Elixir and OTP
- Proven experience developing resilient and fault-tolerant architecture
- Demonstrated leadership ability, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and aptitude for working across disciplines
- Enjoys debugging and problem solving live systems
- Experience with distributed systems
- A strong bias towards understanding and rejecting the status quo
- An active Top Secret Clearance is required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar discipline or relevant experience
- Experience with OAuth2 and role-based access controls
- Database experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with monitoring and tracing in a distributed system
- Experience working with real-time or game engine backends
- $120,000-$150,000 (junior candidate)
- $160,000-$195,000 (mid/senior candidate)
LOCATION: Denver or Colorado Springs, CO
SCHEDULE: Hybrid; must be on-site for classified work, but able to be remote for unclassified work
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. True Anomaly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.