Senior Product Manager
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2023
Synthego is seeking a dynamic and visionary senior product manager to elevate our CRISPRRevolution portfolio of gene editing tools. This is an exciting opportunity with direct oversight of our current and future product and service offerings to support life science research and the development of CRISPR-based cell and gene therapy. In this pivotal role, you will craft product strategies, develop and execute product roadmaps, spearhead new product introductions, manage product lifecycles, and deliver an exceptional customer experience. If you have a passion for innovation and thrive at the nexus of engineering, software, and biology to push the boundaries of what is possible, this job is perfect for you.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute CRISPRRevolution product strategies aligned with market needs, customer insights, and business objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive new product planning, commercialization, and launch.
- Conduct in-depth market research to understand key growth drivers, assess market size and share, identify market trends, and evaluate competitive positioning.
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs, goals, challenges, and workflows and bring VOC and market requirements to internal teams.
- Responsible for overall customer and commercial success, ensuring revenue, margin, market share, and customer satisfaction objectives are met.
- Create business cases with supporting financial models for cost reduction and growth initiatives.
- Partner with Commercial Enablement to train sales members and distributors on the product portfolio and develop sales tools and resources.
- Partner with Marketing to define value propositions, craft product messaging, and develop key collateral and thought leadership content to drive awareness and demand for new products.
- Represent Synthego at major scientific and business events, staying current with industry activities and scientific advancements.
- BS or equivalent degrees in life sciences. PhD or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of product management or product marketing experience in a life science company
- Demonstrated success in bringing RUO products from concept to market
- Expertise in CRISPR gene editing technology and its applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of the drug discovery and development process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- A self-starter who thrives in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Proven collaboration and leadership skills to drive cross-functional alignment
Company Perks & Benefits
- Generous equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program
- Subsidized catered lunches or dinners with fully stocked kitchen & snacks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.