Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Fredericton, NB, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Sonrai (pronounced Son-ree), which means “data” in Irish, helps enterprises unearth, prioritize, and remove risks in every part of their cloud. Our mission is to deliver the preeminent platform for enterprise companies to understand, monitor, and govern risk across every part of their public cloud. We are backed by seasoned cybersecurity investors including Menlo Ventures, Polaris Partners, TenEleven Ventures, and ISTARI.
Candidates who join our team will have a tremendous impact on our success & mission to be the industry leader in our space. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about solving the complex cloud security challenges posed by rapid cloud adoption with a motivated, close-knit team.
Sonrai Security, a cloud based security company, is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join their development team and help drive the development of our platform. Come join us in Fredericton, NB and be part of a world class team modernizing the cloud security industry.
In this position, you will:
- Design and implement automated platform and integration tests
- Collaborate with development teams to identify opportunities, for test-automation, that will improve product quality and increase velocity
- Continuously learn about our platform to efficiently troubleshoot test failures
- Design and implement improvements to CI/CD processes
- Build test datasets and re-usable test-tooling
- Document testing tools and processes
- Do manual testing 50% of the time and automated testing the other 50%
The desired candidate will have:
- Diverse experience with different types of testing (UI, Performance, Security, etc.)
- Previous experience testing in SaaS environments and using cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and processes (using Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI etc.)
- Experience working with front-end automation tools (i.e. Cypress, Selenium Webdriver, Nightwatch, etc.)
- Exposure to Unix systems, Bash scripting, Docker and infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Developing manual test plans, test cases, test scripts and reports on varying components in the Sonrai Platform.
- Performing routine inspections and quality tests.
- Curious, adaptable and willing to continuously learn new technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative working style and experience on agile teams
- Mention The Great Hack in your cover letter or CV.
Sonrai Security and Sonrai Security (Canada) are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.