Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
🏗 What problems are we solving?
We're on a mission to modernize finance for construction, an industry that employs 1 out of every 10 workers, but lacks good software tools to get the job done. Payments in construction are fundamentally broken — the antiquated billing process hasn't evolved in decades, and construction is one of the slowest industries to get paid in. We've found a unique wedge into this huge market and are growing quickly.
🔨 Why are we building this?
Millions of hardworking people are affected by this broken system — in turn making construction more expensive and inefficient for society every year. When everyone up and down the chain is on the same page with payments, contractors can focus on actually building, instead of mountains of paperwork. We’re reimagining construction finance to help contractors get paid, grow their business, and build a better future for all of us.
🕺 The Role
You'll have an instrumental role in taking the company from the early stages of product-market fit to the next stage of growth. Working closely with the trade contractors we serve today, you'll be an exemplary ambassador of Siteline with customers and prospects. As an early team member of the sales org, you'll set the tone and culture of the organization for years to come.
This position is based in our San Francisco HQ where our team works together in-office 4 days a week.
- Direct Sales - Full cycle AE owning all aspects of sales, including developing, cultivating, and closing leads
- Pipeline Management - Maintain accurate pipeline management with forecasting
- Product Feedback - Share customer learnings with product team
👋 What We're Looking For
- All-around athlete with a track record of overachievement in tech sales
- Startup ethos. You're nimble, high-velocity, take initiative, and do whatever it takes. Previous early-stage startup experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to win trust quickly
- Collaborative team player with an optimistic demeanor
- Willingness to travel for conferences and events up to 25%
🍪 Brownie Points
- Commercial construction experience. You speak the language of the accountants, controllers, executives, and project managers that we serve. You understand the different trades and activities on the job site.
- Experience with best-in-class sales tools
👫 Company values
Move Quickly, Together
Speed is our advantage, but alignment is our path to victory. We will go farthest, fastest if we work in unison. Prioritize the mission, establish clear owners and deliverables, and execute with confidence.
Reach for the Sky
We are curious, open-minded, and courageous. We challenge ourselves and each other to ask more questions, push boundaries, and deliver excellence every day.
Construction is a scrappy industry where companies must do more with less. Same here. Operate efficiently, optimize strategically, and always get the most bang for our buck.
Be the Steel
Builds fail when the foundation is faulty. The same is true for us. Exercise good judgment, deliver on your commitments, and know your capacity—every base has its threshold, after all. Most importantly, back your teammates. We’re stronger than reinforced concrete when we support each other.
Build Our Fanbase
Our mission is to grow the size of the pie for everyone in construction. We only achieve that audacious goal if we keep our customers front and center. Work tenaciously to build smarter systems that solve real problems for our customers, positively impact their businesses and lives, and make them loyal fans.
We speak directly, candidly, and respectfully. We prioritize transparency, err on over-communicating, and understand that differing opinions and perspectives are part of a healthy company. Ultimately, it’s okay to disagree with—but still commit to—the chosen direction.
At Siteline, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. Join us.