Customer Support Manager
Sidecar Health is redefining health insurance. Our mission is to make excellent healthcare affordable and attainable for everyone. We know that to accomplish this lofty mission, we need driven people who will make things happen.
The passionate people who make up Sidecar Health’s team come from all over, with backgrounds as tech leaders, policy makers, healthcare professionals, and beyond. And they all have one thing in common—the desire to fix a broken system and make it more personalized, affordable, and transparent.
If you want to use your talents to transform healthcare in the United States, come join us!
*Must reside in UT, CO, OH, MN, NC, IA or NE for consideration*
Our Member Care team is at the forefront of our business. Their role is easily the most important - supporting our members on their healthcare journeys by answering their questions, helping them solve problems, and ensuring they have access to the care they need. We're growing our team and looking for warm, passionate people to join us and help deliver the best experience in healthcare. As a startup, there is no shortage of opportunities, responsibilities, and growth! You'll work alongside a dynamic team that is disrupting the healthcare industry and having a positive and meaningful impact on our members' lives every day.
The Member Care Team Manager’s primary duties involve making sure their team is productive and happy, meeting all performance expectations, fulfilling individually assigned job duties to the best of their ability, and ensuring a positive member experience. This role will manage teams of approximately 10 call center agents.
- Manage performance and productivity of the team by setting proper goals and expectations, and holding agents accountable to them
- Manage special projects, as assigned by the Head of Member Care
- Fostering a supportive culture and ensure positive team morale
- Field and share feedback as appropriate from members and Member Care Specialists
- Oversee the integrity of the work the leads are doing by ensuring correct information and feedback is shared, as well as assuring that QA feedback is calibrated
- Monitor service levels, and assisting on calls/chats/emails as necessary to ensure a positive member experience
- Work with the Training team to ensure seamless onboarding of new agents
- Collaborate with the Workforce team to ensure schedule adherence, service levels, and other efficiency standards
- Evaluate employee performance and conduct performance reviews
- Manage necessary disciplinary action of employees as necessary, up to and including termination and keeping detailed records of such interactions
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience working in customer service, with 2+ years of experience managing teams
- Tenacity and adaptability that enables you to thrive in a fast-paced and quickly evolving startup environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and deep empathy to connect with your team and our members
- Strong understanding of performance management principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to answer questions on the fly
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills to assist with member interactions as needed
- Experience in setting and communicating clear goals
- Ability to prioritize tasks and allocate resources effectively
- Experience in creating a supportive and positive work environment
- Experience in providing constructive feedback and coaching for improvement
- Familiarity with quality assurance processes
- Understanding of service level metrics and KPIs
- Experience in handling employee conflicts and performance issues
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Healthcare/Insurance Experience (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary, bonus opportunity, and equity package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with no waiting period
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- A 401k retirement plan
- Opportunity to make an impact at a rapidly growing mission-driven company transforming healthcare in the U.S.
Sidecar Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.