Senior Product Manager - Inventory Placement and Optimization
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Inventory Placement and Optimization team, you will lead the ongoing development of our inventory placement algorithms that optimally distribute and rebalance inventory across our expanding network of fulfillment centers. Your work will play a critical role in scaling our inventory placement program, helping our merchants place their inventory as close to customers as possible to offer fast and affordable shipping while managing network constraints.
The ideal candidate has excellent analytical/data skills and experience working closely with data science, analytics, engineering, and/or operations research to develop machine learning models and algorithms for inventory placement and optimization. They will also be a self starter, comfortable with ambiguity, highly collaborative, and able to think big while paying attention to the details.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of ShipBob’s inventory placement and optimization algorithms, supporting initiatives such as initial inventory placement and distribution, rebalancing, and ideal region recommendations
- Build tools to simulate and test potential algorithm updates and network changes
- Analyze data and insights to identify key optimizations, influence new product development, and demonstrate impact of ShipBob recommendations; define and track key performance metrics that measure success of products.
- Collaborate closely with Data Science, Supply Chain Ops and Forecasting/Analytics, Engineering, Product Marketing, Product Operations, Sales, and other cross-functional teams to achieve shared objectives
- Drive research efforts and consistently meet with customers to understand market needs, unique customer personas, and user pain points to inform product strategy. Fiercely advocate for solutions that meet customer needs.
- Can clearly communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and merchants and translate them into clear customer value. Knows how to showcase value and functionality through demos and training to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Define and clearly prioritize a one-year product roadmap that you can communicate across the business, recalibrating this roadmap once quarterly.
- Identify key initiatives to accelerate the product and break down initiatives into incremental releases that deliver business value. Actively participates in product release activities with minimal support.
- Work with a scrum team of engineers and data science team members - build a prioritized backlog, run agile ceremonies, and mitigate risks and blockers for the team.
- Keep stakeholders and customers informed of roadmap, milestones and risks.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 6-8 years of work experience, with at least 4-6 years of agile product management experience (or related experience).
- E-commerce and/or logistics experience.
- Experience working closely with data science, engineering, and/or operations research to develop machine learning models and algorithms for inventory placement and optimization
- Experience shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Established track record of delivering high-quality software products and consistently meeting milestones and business objectives.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Relentless user-centricity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for diverse audiences.
- A systematic and data-driven mindset.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Exceptional resilience.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to lead XFN teams to achieve shared goals
- Thinks like an owner
- A bias for action and willingness to tackle new challenges.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with thousands of e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver a best in class experience to their customers.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago backed by blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.