Manager, People Operations - East
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: People Operations Manager
Location: East Region, must live near Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
The Manager, People Operations will oversee all aspects of HR practices at ShipBob. You will implement, and maintain human resources policies, procedures, and forms; support department managers and employees regarding personnel issues; and maintain personnel records in accordance with organizational/regulatory requirements. This person will run the training, development, and managing of a regional people operations team. The Manager, People Operations will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Principal HRBP and support the Fulfillment and Operations teams in the East region.
What you’ll do:
- Offer consultation, facilitation and resolution strategies for employees on workplace issues.
- Maintain a smooth onboarding & offboarding process for FC employees (approvals, paperwork, E-Verify, H1B).
- Work with on-site leadership to ensure safety and well being of all employees while ensuring worker’s compensation and return to work criteria are met.
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations; performance improvement plans; disciplines and terminations when necessary.
- Facilitate/administer performance management plans for fulfillment employees and managers.
- Conduct compliance audits to ensure the company is in regulatory guidelines.
- Encourage and participate in community involvement.
- Create reports, compile and interpret data to steer business outcomes.
- Conduct employee onboarding training and facilitate yearly compliance training for hourly and salaried employees.
- Provide training and resources to the onsite leadership team.
- Assist in managing the open enrollment process within the ShipBob Innovation Center.
- Ethics Enforcement - Mitigating potential people and business risks as they arise, such as disciplinary actions. Ensure policies, practices and procedures are administered fairly and consistently and applicable to local, state and federal laws.
- Ensure people managers are trained on internal ShipBob policies and procedures, while maintaining compliance on train on regulatory and legal updates.
- Assist in administering and interpreting employee engagement surveys.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or Business related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 6-8 years of Generalist experience required, preferably in a warehousing/manufacturing environment.
- Management experience with direct reports required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is strongly encouraged.
- SPHR/PHR, SHRM credentials strongly preferred.
- High level of confidentiality and management experience with extremely sensitive information.
- Sound knowledge of employment law and HR practices, with efficient processes to stay on top of constant changes.
- Ability to interpret data, make recommendations, and take action utilizing that data.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work with all levels of management.
- Solid presentation, speaking, writing & communication skills to a wide range of group sizes.
Classification: Salaried/ Exempt
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Principal HRBP
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Equity
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $92,400 - $112,500.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.