Sr. People Generalist, Fulfillment Operations
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Sr. People Generalist, Fulfillment Operations
Location: 5900 W. Ogden Ave, Cicero, IL 60804
Shift: M-F, 7:00 am-4:00 pm with flexibility and overtime as needed.
The Sr. People Generalist, Fulfillment Operations is a hands-on role that serves as the main People Team representative within their assigned ShipBob Innovation and Fulfillment Centers tasked with providing full cycle Human Resources support too all employees, managers, and regional directors within the assigned location(s). In addition, as a Sr. People Generalist, Fulfillment Operations you will manage assigned People Operations Generalists and will work closely with our business leaders to execute HR initiatives and strategies to guide organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, workforce planning, and compliance within your assigned location.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees to resolve issues and conduct investigations partnering with People Team Leadership, HRBPs, and Legal as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource records and documentation, upholding compliance guidelines and regulations by performing periodic audits.
- Train, coach, and counsel managers on people matters.
- Partner with 3rd party staffing agency on-site representative to ensure proper staffing.
- Participate in recruiting events and career fairs both onsite and offsite.
- Source, schedule, coordinate and conduct new employee interviews for hourly roles.
- Facilitate new hire onboarding training and ensure new hires are processed correctly with all required paperwork and approvals being completed properly.
- Conduct new hire check-ins with all associates.
- Participate in ShipBob Culture Committee and support Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
- Establish, plan, coordinate, and participate in employee retention efforts at assigned location in partnership with site General Manager.
- Host employee office hours / open door hours
- Facilitate the smooth exit of employees by maintaining a consistent offboarding process to include acting as the HR representation during involuntary separation meetings and conducting exit interviews with voluntary separations.
- Track employee attendance and manage disciplinary write-ups.
- Participate in the progressive discipline and PIP process for associates within assigned location.
- Provide support and communication to employees regarding new People Team initiatives and programs, including the yearly open enrollment process.
- Presents at assigned site’s monthly town hall and start-up meetings.
- Monitor, address, and communicate key people metrics monthly with site leadership.
- Administer periodic employee satisfaction surveys and compile results as scheduled by the company.
- Provide training and resources to the onsite Leadership team.
- Supervise, develop, train, and direct the work of assigned People Generalists.
- Partner with operations on workers comp and return to work processes.
- Additional duties, projects, and responsibilities as necessary or assigned by the HRBP and the People Leadership team.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related degree and a minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience.
- SHRM or SPHR Certification.
- Solid understanding of Labor related laws and statutes.
- Prior experience working in a fulfillment center, warehouse, or manufacturing facility.
- Ability to understand and interpret data as well as the ability to make recommendations and take action utilizing that data.
- Must be able to manage highly confidential information.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly energized and open environment and work with all levels of management.
- Solid presentation and speaking skills to a wide range of group sizes.
- Must have stellar interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in using MS Office, Excel, and data related tools.
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal direction.
- Ability to travel required.
Classification: Salaried/Non Exempt
Reports to: Manager, People Operations
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $72,425 - $120,750.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.