Senior Financial Analyst
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Senior Financial Analyst I
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to join our small but dynamic and face-paced team. This role will be an integral part of the finance team, providing budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and business partner support for our Operations and Merchant Care teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: detailed labor, VCPO (variable cost per order), site metrics and profitability, facility cost analysis, headcount and OPEX analysis and approvals, as well as month-end close analysis, board presentations, and other ad-hoc analysis as needed.
The SFA will play a critical role in ensuring that the company is able to execute on its strategic plans and achieve profitable growth.
What you’ll do:
- Complete analysis on the P&L each month and communicate key performance drivers and variances to plan to senior management.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting presentations for investors and the board, highlighting key business metrics, variance to budget, and other relevant trends.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating plan by engaging with VPs to build appropriate plans and targets and convert this into the financial budget.
- Collaborate with partners to strategize and report on weekly performance, especially related to customer service and operations. Provide a timelier outlook on variable cost per order and site profitability.
- Connect with operations and merchant care teams to build bottoms up forecasts and provide areas of risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Complete thorough analysis of VCPO/VCPU and understand key drivers and impacts of business decisions to VCPO/VCPU.
- Provide insightful study of key operational business metrics, develop operational analysis, and communicate findings to respective business partners.
- Approve all new job openings and vendor spend for merchant care and operations teams.
- Own monthly financial reviews with business partners to help them understand their P&Ls. Work closely with business to identify risks and opportunities as they arise.
- Assist business partners in understanding the implications of their actions to the bottom line. Complete cost-benefit analyses with business partners to help push the conversations forward.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related degree.
- 3-6 years of experience in Commercial Finance, FP&A, investment banking, consulting, or another related field.
- Must have: Excellent financial modeling skills and understanding of financial statement analysis including balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- High comfort level with Netsuite, Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Working knowledge of SQL is preferred.
- Enjoy nurturing business partnerships with senior management and teams.
- Self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines within time constraints and detail-oriented.
- Able to think critically about business challenges while simultaneously absorbing new knowledge and information.
- Have a passion for results and love getting into the details.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment and can navigate the ambiguities that come with it.
Reports to: Senior Manager of FP&A
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Equity
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $75,000 - $115,000.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.