DevOps Engineer II
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: DevOps Engineer II
ShipBob is looking for a DevOps Engineer II who is comfortable with deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft infrastructure. This includes experience with all areas in Azure DevOps including the project management, build and release pipelines. This approach includes:
Working alongside teams to deploy new infrastructure in accordance with security and quality standards:
- Using logging/management portals to troubleshoot reported issues in the infrastructure.
- Identifying issues and executing short- and long-term solutions.
- Delivering on your commitments and executing on agreed upon solutions.
As a DevOps Engineer II, you are both the builder and the planner of infrastructure within DevOps. You are expected to respond and solve tickets within an expected SLA. While working on these tickets, you are expected to ensure all solutions follow all security and infrastructure standards. Your goal is to make the ShipBob environment cleaner, more secure, and reliable with every ticket you work on.
What you’ll do:
- Creating CI/CD Pipelines in Azure DevOps while also making improvements to the process.
- Supporting teams via a ticketing system to build out required infrastructure while also pushing coding standards and cleaner implementations.
- Collaborating closely with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to build new features.
- Recommending solutions to bottlenecks in the development process and implementing solutions to address it.
- Mentoring, pairing, participating in code reviews, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you.
- Coordinating with Engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives.
- Analyzing how your features are performing in production to learn and make the product better.
- Triaging and debugging technical support requests.
- Building out Azure Infrastructure in a timely manner.
- Deploying and managing infrastructure via infrastructure as code.
- Support teams during deployments to ensure pipeline success.
- Managing security standards in all our applications and application planning.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Established experience with managing Azure cloud services.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and deployment strategies.
- Trusted ability to own pipelines via improvements and standardization.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems like JIRA.
- Established experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with source control languages and branching strategies.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and implementing large scalable solutions.
- Reliable scripting experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments in the organization.
- Ability to work with Engineering to plan clean secure solutions.
- Understanding of security in the organization.
- Experience working with managing Azure AD.
- Experience in the following:
- Experience with Docker or similar containerization technology.
- Experience with Kubernetes systems.
- Experience with Vault/Consul.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Term & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.