Manager I, Global Customer Experience
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, San Antonio, Spokane, and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
***This position is approved for remote work only in the following states: WA, ID, TX, GA, NC, MI & FL***
Who We're Looking For:
Rover Operations Managers operate in a fast-paced, agile startup and are responsible for ensuring pet parents and pet caregivers receive world class customer service by coaching and scaling a multi-leveled customer experience team. We are looking for a strategic and analytically-minded leader to take customer support to the next level. Your work will directly shape the trajectory of the customer experience at Rover, all within a vibrant, pet-friendly, later-stage company environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience that is two-fold - managing customer experience teams with a global BPO partner and balancing those functions with project management duties related to the team and its roadmap. Your passion for team leadership is only surpassed by your passion for the customer. You will motivate, coach and develop your internal and external teams to exceed performance goals, while also empowering them to advocate for the end user. You are someone who has demonstrated tremendous adaptability in a fast-paced environment; you thrive on a team that operates in terms of days, not weeks. You are analytically minded, and know that if you can’t measure it you can’t optimize it. You are comfortable creating and analyzing reports, then making data-driven decisions to improve both business efficiencies and customer experience. FInally, you are able to easily context-switch between executing in the now and strategizing for the future. You will be expected to plan and staff the customer support function as it evolves.
Exact scheduled days and hours to be determined, as Rover's CX team operates 24/7
- Motivate, coach, and develop 8-10 professional individual contributors who support the customer experience at Rover, including vendor management of outsourcing partners.
- Identify areas of efficiency opportunity within the team and can recommend and implement changes as needed.
- Partners with workforce management to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments to meet business needs.
- Manage queues to agreed-upon service levels, and strive to raise the bar higher.
- Review customer contacts and identify ways to improve the customer experience, as well as own escalated customer contacts and resolve them.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders effectively during escalations, support requests, and project execution.
- Identifies emerging business problems related to their job function and presents them in a solutions-oriented format.
- Act as a liaison between your team and cross-functional groups within the organization to successfully launch global alignment, continuous improvement, and new initiatives.
- 3-5 years experience working in operations or customer experience
- 1-2 years experience managing or leading teams in operations or customer experience - bonus for BPO management on client and/or provider side
- 1-2 years experience leading projects including all phases from initiation to close
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including writing business case proposals and project plans as well as business announcements and customer-facing content
- Very high attention to detail
- Experience with Zendesk, Jira, or similar customer management tools
- Experience using data to make strategic business decisions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience at a consumer technology company
- Experience at a startup or other fast-growth company
- Experience in vendor management
- Experience with process design and improvement
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally as needed - estimated 3-5 times per year
- Demonstrated competency with one or more analytical toolkits, including Excel, Zendesk Explore, Google Sheets, and / or SQL
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities performed in-person and virtually
- In the greater Seattle area the first-year salary range is $70,643-$91,042. In Washington State outside of the greater Seattle area the first-year salary range is $64,221-$82,765. Additionally, Rover offers benefits to full-time employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.