Senior Program Manager
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
Our Business Operations team supports our frontline agents and management team by creating game-changing improvements in process design, policy changes, improved data visualization, and enhancements to training and instructional design. The Business Operations team also champions changes to product design, marketplace management, and marketing copy that better serves our customers, and therefore our support specialists.
We are looking for a customer focused, data driven change agent who can help bring Operations’ strategic vision to life. As the Program Manager, you will lead strategic programs that elevate the customer experience for our community of sitters, owners and pets. You will sharpen workflows and policies, and integrate new tools and tech that enable our frontline. Game-changing initiatives will have your fingerprints all over them through your leadership of cross functional teams across Rover.
The Ideal candidates loves to serve customers and partner with their teammates. They will thrive in a fast-paced environment, act quickly to identify and improve key metrics, and solve high-impact business problems. This position requires that a person savor ambiguous operating environments and change. If you have a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, enjoy partnering with numerous organizational stakeholders, and you delight in delivering outstanding outcomes, this role may be for you.
- Lead projects that support product features, service enhancements and evolving business lines.
- Coordinate the execution of multiple cross-functional work streams to deliver a cohesive outcome. Partners include (but are not limited to) Operations, Learning & Development, Product, Engineering, IT, Finance, International, Legal, Marketing, and our Marketplace team.
- Prioritize competing stakeholder requests and internal deliverables in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Leverage data to inform business decisions and analyze impact.
- Narrate a strategy for ambiguous and unscoped programs; identifies multiple approaches, drives alignment around the best long-term value for Rover, and builds the plans to execute programs. Identifies, evaluates, and adapts complex techniques and procedures to obtain best results.
- Routinely review key milestones with senior managers and cross functional partners. Troubleshoots medium to major roadblocks and delays autonomously. Quickly raises critical blockers in conjunction with proposals for what to do next.
- Identify and track KPIs; inform stakeholders how the KPIs contribute to the performance of the team, department, and company.
- Operates with autonomy and discretion; is responsible for initiating or taking actions to resolve problems.
- Regularly influence interdepartmental policy and process and consistently partners with peers to influence cross-functionally
- Design longer and/or perpetually-running, complex market tests with interdepartmental impacts.
- Work on significant and unique issues where no current best practices exist in the market.
- Support training and onboarding of team members; mentors/coaches in career development of Project and/or Program Managers.
- 6-8 years of experience driving business impacting projects and programs with a track record of customer-centric transformational growth.
- Experience creating, owning and driving improvement in operational KPIs. Demonstrates strong analytical skills and the ability to leverage data from third party operations tools (e.g. CRM and phone contact tools) to solve business problems.
- Your toolkit includes advanced excel (lookups, pivots, functions). An appetite to learn SQL in a short period of time is also needed. SQL skills at entry are preferred
- Demonstrated experience effectively partnering with diverse teams across complex organizations to drive outcomes and influence prioritization, resources, process or policy with peers to influence cross-functionally.
- Experience developing, implementing, and refining customer operations measurement methods and holding teams accountable to hitting ambitious cost to serve and customer satisfaction goals.
- Clear track record of driving success in a highly quantitative environment.
- Online marketplace experience and startup experience is preferred.
- Highly effective at influencing intra- and interdepartmental decision-makers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred), PMP or other Project Management Certifications
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Company Equity (RSU's) for full time employees
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.