RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to solve the biggest problem in e-commerce logistics: how to fulfill orders, despite demand that’s growing at six times the rate of available labor. Our cutting-edge robotic picking systems manipulate hundreds of thousands of items - it’s a software driven, hardware-enabled technology that meets the increasing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment and other industries.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our Operations team as an Electro-Mechanical Technician. Your primary responsibilities will be to inspect the mechanical and electrical accuracy of products from contract manufacturers then handle the electrical and mechanical assembly of RHR products in a manufacturing environment. Additionally, you will complete Operations and Engineering assignments as required and make repairs or adjustments after diagnosing equipment malfunctions. Electro-Mechanical assembly experience, teamwork, and familiarity with engineering drawings will be critical as you work with our engineering and operations teams to execute the company’s objectives and production targets.
- Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine how to assemble parts, machines, and other equipment
- Use specialized instruments to measure parts and ensure they meet specifications
- Inspect parts for defects
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies
- Install electronic components using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Operate, test and maintain robotic equipment
- Analyze and record test results, and prepare written documentation
- Analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand complex diagrams and schematics
- Strong hand-eye coordination and proficiency in using tools like soldering equipment
- Organizational skills
Bonus points for:
- Hands-on electrical and mechanical engineering/equipment experience at a previous position
- Experience multitasking & prioritizing in a high-pressure environment without a lot of direction or management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office, Slack and Documentation Control Applications
- The chance to make a visible impact at a rapidly growing company
- Passionate and fun teammates
- Flexible vacation and work schedule
- Equity and a 401(k) plan
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.