Head of Infrastructure, Security, and DevOps
As Relyance AI’s Head of Infrastructure, Security, and DevOps, you will lead Cloud-Infrastructure components with high-availability, scalability, and reliability mindset. You are responsible for defining Service-Level Objectives (SLO) and Service-Level Indicators (SLI) for any microservice that runs in Relyance AI’s production environment. The role requires you to think about infrastructure security along with ease of deployment. You are always thinking about implementing infrastructure components using infrastructure-as-code technology. You are very comfortable learning new technologies, and systems. Platform’s high-availability with minimum downtime is crucial for this role. Given you are constructing the foundation to build networking and infrastructure that will support hundreds of Relyance AI’s customers and high-volume requests, you need to pay close attention to detail and maintain a forward-thinking outlook as well as scrappiness for the present needs. You thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, but heavily test-driven development environment, with full ownership to design features from scratch to impact the business and the accountability that comes along.
As a Head of Infrastructure, Security, and DevOps, your role will include:
- Growing and leading a team of engineers committed to building and managing scalable, reliable, and multi-region cloud-based infrastructure components.
- Advocating engineering best practices, code reviews and automated unit/end-to-end testing and deployment to stage and production systems.
- Optimizing all cloud-based infrastructure environments to control overall costs.
- Defining Service-Level Objectives (SLO) and track Service-Level Indicators (SLI) for all components running in a cloud-infrastructure environment.
- Automating deployment of cloud-infrastructure components using Infrastructure-as-Code to deliver services at high velocity.
- Designing and implementing a good observability and alerting framework for detecting any problems and avoid downtime for Relyance AI’s customers.
- Planning, architecting and building networking topologies to allow cloud-infrastructure components to securely communicate with each other.
- Monitoring and resolving high, medium, and low vulnerabilities or threats detected in source-code and cloud-infrastructure within defined Service-Level Agreements timeframe.
- Setting up policies and framework in cloud-based environment for secure access to production environment with least-privilege principle.
- Shaping the direction of infrastructure at Relyance and build a cohesive team culture of ownership, growth, transparency, and customer focus.
This role could be a fit for you if you bring:
- 3+ years experience leading an Engineering team.
- 2+ years of experience with designing schema and implementing and performing analysis using SQL and noSQL database applications for improving performance of Smart User Repository.
- 2+ years experience evaluating SQL and noSQL databases.
- Track record of building scalable and multi-region (for high-availability) infrastructure components on public cloud-based platforms like Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Comfortability with programming languages like Python, GoLang, C/C++ and scripting languages like bash.
- Comfortability with orchestration platforms like Kubernetes and Airflow.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies like terraform.
- Awareness of cloud-networking technologies like Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), subnets, firewall rules, network routing rules, network peering.
- Proficiency with public cloud concepts and delivering working solutions on public cloud infrastructure, preferably GCP (BigQuery, BigTable, Pub/Sub, SecretManager).
- Strong software engineering skills, and experience writing clear, concise, and maintainable code considering design principles and applying sound testing practices.
- Systematic and goal-directed approach to project management; are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ruthlessly prioritizing and managing your time with a sense of urgency.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with a privacy technology
- Startup Experience
- An advanced technical degree
Who are we?
Using machine learning, Relyance AI builds a dynamic, real-time data inventory and map so you can monitor how personal data moves through your code, applications, infrastructure, and to third-party vendors. We exist because we believe innovation is fundamental to human progress. We build for people—our customers, our team, and the global community. Our core values brought us into existence, and they’re the motor that keeps us running.
GLOBAL IMPACT | Think big. Beyond borders.
TRUST | Lost easily. Built carefully.
CRITICAL THINKING | Critical eye. Critical mind.
CUSTOMER | Redefine satisfaction. Build loyalty.
PERSISTENCE | Celebrate failure. Keep going.
TEAM | Fast alone. Far together.
DIVERSITY | We win through representation and inclusion.
Relyance AI is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We use data-driven pay practices with the goal of ensuring offerings are competitive to the market and our team members are being compensated correctly based on their roles, experience, and location. As such, the base salary pay range for this role is $170,000 to $200,000.