Principal Software Engineer - Developer Experience
At RelationalAI, we are enabling the future of data-centric systems that learn, reason, and predict, built on our cloud-native relational knowledge graph management system. We are bringing together a global team of exceptional people who inspire and respect one another to achieve our mission.
We are intellectually curious, with problem-solving mindsets and a proven track record of delivering results. We value the ability to learn, grow, and respond to an ever-changing landscape of challenges and opportunities as much as we value past experience.
RelationalAI is a remote-first company that has been operating with a distributed team since day one. We are based on six continents, support team members wherever they live, and are fluent in the tools and processes of distributed and often asynchronous work.
About Developer Experience at RelationalAI
Developer Experience at RelationalAI means ensuring our users love using RelationalAI. We engineer the SDK and APIs to enable engineers at our clients to build applications on their cloud platform across 6 different coding languages. We are their advocates within the organization, and we build the solutions to ensure they are excited to use our product. Our work spans from developer tools & IDE integrations to APIs, services, SDKs, and CLIs. We are hiring very senior to principal-level engineers for this team. Like all development teams at RelationalAI, we operate under a DevOps methodology, plugging into the centralized CI/CD framework and engineering our domain for observability and reliability.
As an ambitious and rapidly evolving product, there is a lot more green field development at RelationalAI than there is navigating, reworking, or rearchitecting within existing frameworks. If that sounds exciting to you, read on!
Areas of Strategy and Vision
- SDKs & Tools - These are the APIs & interfaces that all developers use RelationaAI will use to interact with our product. To many developers, the SDKs & tools ARE the product. You will design, build and deploy the tools that make working with RelationalAI a productive and empowering experience.
- API and Services - These services power RelationalAI user experiences, from database explorers to dashboards, notebooks, and modeling tools. You will build services to support users in developing applications on top of RelationalAI databases, sharing and deploying their work, and integrating with other systems. Along with the APIs, you will also build SDKs that allow clients using different languages to access these services. You will ensure our services work on multiple cloud providers and are redundant across multiple regions as our user’s needs grow.
Who You Are & What You Bring
There are three absolute must-haves: you must have a passion for developer experience; you are ready to operate & maintain your team’s work in production; you communicate with kindness; and you give and receive feedback constructively.
Besides that, there is no single prototype of an ideal team member. We are building a team that builds on each other’s strengths and complements each other’s weaknesses. We are looking for a Principal Engineer with previous leadership experience with SDK & API development. Here are some examples of the experience you’re bringing to RAI:
- You like designing intuitive APIs, CLIs, and SDKs, ensuring they survive version changes. You have opinions on which SDKs and libraries are enjoyable to use and why.
- You have 10+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You’re very familiar with modern, scalable service design.
- You enjoy writing performant code that scales to terabyte-sized data quantities.
- Experience developing and communicating a technical vision within an organization.
RelationalAI is committed to an open, transparent, and inclusive workplace. We value the unique backgrounds of our team. We are driven by curiosity, value innovation, and help each other to succeed and to grow. We take the well-being of our colleagues seriously, and offer flexible working hours so each individual can find a healthy balance that affords them a productive, happy life wherever they choose to live.
Country Hiring Guidelines:
RelationalAI hires around the world. All of our roles are remote; however, some locations might carry specific eligibility requirements.
Because of this, understanding location & visa support helps us better prepare to onboard our colleagues.
Our People Operations team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruitment process.
RelationalAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.