Principal Product Manager - Database Systems
At RelationalAI, we are enabling the future of data-centric systems that learn, reason, and predict, built on our cloud-native relational knowledge graph management system. We are bringing together a global team of exceptional people who inspire and respect one another to achieve our mission.
We are intellectually curious, with problem-solving mindsets and a proven track record of delivering results. We value the ability to learn, grow, and respond to an ever-changing landscape of challenges and opportunities as much as we value past experience.
RelationalAI is a remote-first company that has been operating with a distributed team since day one. We are based on six continents, support team members wherever they live, and are fluent in the tools and processes of distributed and often asynchronous work.
What We're Doing
RelationalAI is the industry’s first AI coprocessor for our customers’ data clouds. Our AI coprocessor enables customers to apply a combination of innovative AI techniques to generate results in their data clouds that cannot be achieved in silos. We are enabling the future of data-centric intelligent applications that learn, reason, and predict. We are bringing together a global team of exceptional people who inspire, motivate, and respect one another to achieve our mission.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will get in at the ground floor and help shape the direction of RelationalAI’s cloud-native relational knowledge graph service. You will work at the intersection of database technology, programming languages, and machine learning to help customers uncover new knowledge from their data and develop intelligent applications. You will have the opportunity to work with engineers, data scientists, and leading researchers to push the boundaries of relational technology to enable graph processing, logic, optimization, LLM steering, and other AI workloads.
As a member of the product management team, you will work to understand customer needs and drive an iterative process to seek out optimal product market fit. We believe in developing products and product experiences that customers love. Products with low barriers to entry and limitless potential - our product managers strive every day to deliver approachable and inspiring experiences for customers.
What You Will Do
As part of our growing product management team, you will have responsibilities that range from prioritizing the product roadmap, defining product experiences, driving customer satisfaction, establishing technology partnerships, and creating strategies for growth.
As part of the team, you will ...
- help set product strategy, prioritize roadmap investments, and work across multiple teams to deliver customer value
- work closely with engineers to productize new algorithms and innovation from our research network
- conduct customer research, test product hypotheses, and distill findings as input for product planning
- define features, lead customer preview programs, and drive toward well-defined adoption and customer success goals
- own end-to-end product life cycle from customer needs, product requirements, priorities, and customer acceptance, through to product evangelism and customer adoption
- work to understand customer context, and unmet needs, promote a culture of customer empathy, and be the voice of the customer
We are looking for seasoned product managers with experience in database systems and cloud data platforms. Product managers have the opportunity to work across multiple areas to create impactful product experiences.
Who You Are & What You Bring
There are three absolute must-haves: you're excited about the potential of knowledge graphs and delivering value to customers; you're curious and enjoy learning; you’re a team player — you thrive in a collaborative environment where customer success is more important than individual success.
Beyond that, we are not looking for a single profile. We are building a team of experienced product managers that leverage each other’s strengths, and complement each other’s weaknesses.
Example qualifications include:
- 8+ years of Product Management experience. This is a principal-level position.
- 5+ years of database systems experience.
- 5+ years of advanced-level experience with any of the following: MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, SQL Server, Julia, MariaDB, Snowflake, BigQuery, or OracleDB.
- ability to understand the breadth of RelationalAI’s relational knowledge graph product and vision while having the depth to drill into a specific product feature
- demonstrated a track record of delivering data or developer-focused cloud services as a product manager
- proven customer obsession and ability to translate customer needs into compelling products in partnership with engineering, sales, and marketing
- knowledge and hands-on experience with data, graph, and machine learning platforms
- excellent communication skills, ability to clearly communicate complex topics to diverse stakeholders in written and verbal form
- previous experience executing a vision from inception to delivery, taking single statements, and expanding into product roadmaps
- Startup experience or work in an early-stage company is preferred
RelationalAI is committed to an open, transparent, and inclusive workplace. We value the unique backgrounds of our team. We are driven by curiosity, value innovation, and help each other to succeed and to grow. We take the well-being of our colleagues seriously, and offer flexible working hours so each individual can find a healthy balance that affords them a productive, happy life wherever they choose to live.
Country Hiring Guidelines:
RelationalAI hires around the world. All of our roles are remote; however, some locations might carry specific eligibility requirements.
Because of this, understanding location & visa support helps us better prepare to onboard our colleagues.
Our People Operations team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruitment process.
RelationalAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.