Research Associate, In Vitro (iPSC)
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
Recursion Pharmaceuticals is at the forefront of re-imaging drug discovery through the integration of automated cell biology, high-dimensional and diverse data sets, and sophisticated analytics. We are seeking a Research Associate to work on human pluripotent stem cell culture, molecular and functional characterizations, and daily reporting.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build - You will help us create a world class biology team that enables drug discovery and development at unprecedented speed, for compounds identified by our unique drug discovery platform
- Deliver - Perform in vitro biology assays that generate the data that helps us understand and optimize our molecules
- Achieve - Work with internal and external partners to rapidly deliver high-quality in vitro data to enable decision making on a rapidly growing portfolio of pre-clinical programs in oncology and neuroscience
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with fellow biologists, chemists, data scientists, and data engineers with a passion for drug discovery
***This position requires you to work 2 weekend days per quarter, which in turn you will have 2 flex days off in the following weeks.***
This position is based at our headquarters in Salt Lake City.
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to our Director, In Vitro, you'll join our newly formed team focused on the utilization of human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) to model neurodegenerative diseases. You will be joining a fast-paced team of multi-disciplinary scientists who are focused on bringing new therapeutics to patients at an accelerated pace. This team helps Recursion develop, refine, and characterize state-of-the-art differentiation technology and advanced disease models at a large scale for one of the world’s leading companies in AI-guided drug discovery. This high performing team is bold, creative, and has a team-first mindset alongside a deep passion for exploring the unknowns in neuroscience.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in cell biology or related field
- 1+ years industry experience working at the bench experience
- Experience with cell culture techniques and cell-based assays with primary or iPSC derived neurons, astrocytes, and/or microglia
- Familiarity with data analysis and graphing software, such as Excel or Graphpad Prism
- Experience recording experimental details and results
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment within a cross functional team
- Experience working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary environment
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with confocal or widefield fluorescence microscopy.
- Experience with complex cell culture systems, primary cell culture or co-culture.
- Experience with computer controlled automated laboratory equipment.
- Experience with 96, 384 or 1536-well plates.
- Familiarity with Spotfire or Cell Profiler.
How You’ll be Supported
- Regular 1:1s with supervisor provides opportunities for support and feedback
- Training with iPSC Onboarding team for relevant methods and assays
- Trail guide to provide specific support through onboarding
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.